The Student Room Group

Is calling a girl ‘beautiful’ predicable and cheap

When I left the nightclub at 3:00am, I was about to order an Uber until I saw a wonderfully dressed attractive girl at the bus stop so I decided to approach and yes it’s my first time approaching a girl. I have no idea how to approach when it’s appropriate to so because she was a few friends so I was like “f*** it, life is too short”. I walked up to her and said “I just wanna say that you look beautiful”, she replied “Really?” And I said “Yes and I complement on her dress”, she said she appreciated my complement then told she going to her mate, so I was like “Okay” then we shook hands. Let me tell you this wasn’t easy for me at all. I feared how her friends would react by getting the wrong end of the stick that I’m some pervert but luckily her friends turned around in good time for me to make my move. My body was shaking, I spent a good 2 minutes trying to prepare myself and I stuttered a bit as I spoke.

Is there any advice or improvements you could provide me if I attempt to approach a girl l?
Calling a girl beautiful is okay, u have just got to keep calm. DEFO COMPLIMENT but instead of the usual compliment her on something different e.g. shoes, hair, eyes. The girl is probably just as nervous and fluttered as u, keep calm! Well done tho for talking to her, it takes guts
Nah, I'd be flattered if someone told me I was beautiful. I think that was sweet of you.

Then again, I'm one of those girls that are hopeless romantics. Other girls might not appreciate that comment and think you're a bit creepy. :dontknow:
You're over-thinking it. It's perfectly fine to say.
Reply 4
Original post by RazzzBerries
Nah, I'd be flattered if someone told me I was beautiful. I think that was sweet of you.

Then again, I'm one of those girls that are hopeless romantics. Other girls might not appreciate that comment and think you're a bit creepy. :dontknow:

I had my social awkwardness misinterpreted a ‘creepy’.
Original post by Anonymous
I had my social awkwardness misinterpreted a ‘creepy’.

It wasn't wrong of you to say, though. Keep being confident!
It’s a pretty boring and mundane thing to get called tbh
Reply 7
When I left the nightclub at 3:00am, I was about to order an Uber until I saw a wonderfully dressed attractive girl at the bus stop so I decided to approach and yes it’s my first time approaching a girl. I have no idea how to approach when it’s appropriate to so because she was a few friends so I was like “f*** it, life is too short”. I walked up to her and said “I just wanna say that you look beautiful”, she replied “Really?” And I said “Yes and I complement on her dress”, she said she appreciated my complement then told she going to her mate, so I was like “Okay” then we shook hands. Let me tell you this wasn’t easy for me at all. I feared how her friends would react by getting the wrong end of the stick that I’m some pervert but luckily her friends turned around in good time for me to make my move. My body was shaking, I spent a good 2 minutes trying to prepare myself and I stuttered a bit as I spoke.

Is there any advice or improvements you could provide me if I attempt to approach a girl l?

Good on you bro 🤜

First, yes you've made the first move, it is very daunting, frightening for most to approach a girl. Didnt you get her digits mate?

Next time it'll be that bit easier as you do it. And no saying she was beautiful isn't bad Trust.me girls love such comments
Reply 8
Give the Lad a break ffs.
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
Good on you bro 🤜

First, yes you've made the first move, it is very daunting, frightening for most to approach a girl. Didnt you get her digits mate?

Next time it'll be that bit easier as you do it. And no saying she was beautiful isn't bad Trust.me girls love such comments

The whole convo was about 20 secs long. She said that she needed to back to her mate, she seemed really busy to get home.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Give the Lad a break ffs.

Nah, he’s right. I still have a lot to improve on.
Nah, he’s right. I still have a lot to improve on.

He's a she 😉
try talk about their clothes, hair or 'hey saw you from X and just had to stop you' maybe a cheesy pick up line or not. and say im X ect ect

you could've gotten her number and left b4 her friends turned up 'getting kinda late(if its actually late) so is it cool if i grab your number and we can hang out sometime.'
Original post by RazzzBerries

Lol, same.
I probably wouldn't forget it for a long time to come because I never forget stuff like that. If I were attracted to the person, I wouldn't forget 'em either.
Again, I am a romantic. 'Grats for talking to her though, because God knows that takes some courage:u:
Original post by kai'sa
try talk about their clothes, hair or 'hey saw you from X and just had to stop you' maybe a cheesy pick up line or not. and say im X ect ect

you could've gotten her number and left b4 her friends turned up 'getting kinda late(if its actually late) so is it cool if i grab your number and we can hang out sometime.'

I said I liked her dress and heels.
I said I liked her dress and heels.

its kinda boring if a hot girls complimented on her looks by every guy, if u end up getting to know each other talk about her personality if shes funny, interesting quirky ect. dont act needy/respond super fast or late. and over compliment. like once a couple weeks
subtle humblebrag
Original post by kai'sa
its kinda boring if a hot girls complimented on her looks by every guy, if u end up getting to know each other talk about her personality if shes funny, interesting quirky ect. dont act needy/respond super fast or late. and over compliment. like once a couple weeks

The thing is I complemented her soon as I approached her. I didn’t introduce myself or ask her if she had a good night. When I’m under so much pressure I allow the adrenaline rush get the better off me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending