The Student Room Group

should i break up with my boyfriend??

i’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now and it was going pretty well until he told me something that he has been lying to me about.It’s about this girl who i suspected he had a relationship with but he denied it finally he told me he did and now i don’t know how to feel about it cos he has been lying to me about it but nothing else is going on between him and her anymore
Original post by Anonymous
i’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now and it was going pretty well until he told me something that he has been lying to me about.It’s about this girl who i suspected he had a relationship with but he denied it finally he told me he did and now i don’t know how to feel about it cos he has been lying to me about it but nothing else is going on between him and her anymore

If you don't feel like you can trust him, then yes break up with him. It is a weird thing to lie about, it is normal to have exes so I don't see why he would lie about her being an ex.
If he didn’t tell you, maybe he still has feeling for her - ask him why he lied
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you don't feel like you can trust him, then yes break up with him. It is a weird thing to lie about, it is normal to have exes so I don't see why he would lie about her being an ex.

I do trust him but i just hate that he lied to my face so many times about something that i don’t even care about. I don’t wanna end things with him and regret it
Reply 4
If he didn’t tell you, maybe he still has feeling for her - ask him why he lied

he told me he doesn’t know. He only told me that they dated cos i kept asking about it
Break up with your boyfriend YUH YUH cos you're booooored

I do trust him but i just hate that he lied to my face so many times about something that i don’t even care about. I don’t wanna end things with him and regret it

You need to work through what you're feeling. If he lied about something as trivial as this (and you didn't trust him as you thought he was lying repeatedly) then what else is he or could he lie about?
Reply 7
Is he still in touch with her
Reply 8
Original post by SMEGGGY
Is he still in touch with her

they have each other on facebook and insta but he doesn’t have her number
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine
You need to work through what you're feeling. If he lied about something as trivial as this (and you didn't trust him as you thought he was lying repeatedly) then what else is he or could he lie about?

he’s a nice guy and he hasn’t really done anything bad but when he was telling me that he dated her he was really dramatic about it and told me that i can leave him if i want
they have each other on facebook and insta but he doesn’t have her number

Then why worry. He lied to protect you, so you'd not react like this but here you are doing just that. Have a chat with him, tell him how you feel I'm sure it'll be resolved, is it worth breaking up over?
Original post by SMEGGGY
Then why worry. He lied to protect you, so you'd not react like this but here you are doing just that. Have a chat with him, tell him how you feel I'm sure it'll be resolved, is it worth breaking up over?

That actually makes sense but there’s nothing to protect me from i don’t know his ex personally or anything. But i will talk to him.Thanks
he’s a nice guy and he hasn’t really done anything bad but when he was telling me that he dated her he was really dramatic about it and told me that i can leave him if i want

You need to have some talks with him about how you're feeling, how he feels and how you can move forward if you want to.
Reply 13

Because you’re bored?
That actually makes sense but there’s nothing to protect me from i don’t know his ex personally or anything. But i will talk to him.Thanks

Not the worst lie someone can tell, it's something in the past anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending