The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClubNeon
Talking of physics, the whole of Year 9 was me being unable to memorise the first formula... Got 4 in a test when I got 8 in chem and 9 in bio.

getting an 8 in chem is impressive!! in year 9 i got a 6 (kinda embarrassed by that :shy2:)
Hi, I'm @JoshReid and unsurprisingly, I'm going to be in Year 10!

I don't really have any hobbies or interests apart from eating food and sleeping! :P

I'm not sure of the exam boards but I'm taking:
English Literature
English Language
Maths
Statistics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Religious Studies
Geography
History
Computer Science
Most of the content I'm doing is higher so I have a lot on my plate! :s-smilie:

My favourite subjects are Computer Science, Geography and Maths and my least favourite are all the sciences.

My predicted grades range from 6s to 8s.

I don't really have a preferred job but I wouldn't mind taking Media Studies for A-Level (I originally was going to take Film Studies as a GCSE but they aren't running it).

I'm certainly nervous but I hope together we can get through this!
Original post by dolphins123
getting an 8 in chem is impressive!! in year 9 i got a 6 (kinda embarrassed by that :shy2:)

I’m assuming that they are scaled down grades, so a 8 in year 9 would be the same as a 6 in year 11 (for example). Also, 6 is actually a really good place to be for Year 9: In y10 you will move up to 7 (hopefully 8!) and then in year 11 walk out of results day with a 9!
I’m assuming that they are scaled down grades, so a 8 in year 9 would be the same as a 6 in year 11 (for example). Also, 6 is actually a really good place to be for Year 9: In y10 you will move up to 7 (hopefully 8!) and then in year 11 walk out of results day with a 9!

ohh thanks that makes more sense now, i guess i just have that insecure feeling in chem, especially being around students who get 8s and 9s.
i hope everyone is able to get closer to grade 9 in the subjects they find hard this year(and in the subjects they are good at ofc).
Hi, I’m starting year 10 next week!

Subjects I’m doing:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Statistics
FSMQ
Religious Studies
Food Technology
French
History

My predicted grades are 8s and 9s, but not too confident that I will actually achieve these grades.

I have no clue what I want to do as a job!

I love nintendo games such as professor layton and animal crossing! Happy to make new friends on here :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Roses & Dreams
:rofl:
I'm genuinely glad that somebody may eventually help me through my physics struggles and I can help them with the subject I enjoy. :yep:
Although don't ask me anything about marriage lol, that's my weakest spot. I had to do a speaking exam on it, and my goodness what an embarrassement. :blushing:

Omg i’m terrible at french speaking!!!
Guys, give some of the Year 8s going into Year 9 this September some advice!!:wink:insider knowledge and all that :tongue:

Click here to go to the Year 9 2019/20 thread, give them some advice!

Also, if you know any future Year 9s on TSR, show them the thread! @Starlight15
Talking of physics, the whole of Year 9 was me being unable to memorise the first formula... Got 4 in a test when I got 8 in chem and 9 in bio...

:emo: P1 was difficult, and to make things worse our teacher forced us to learn the specific heat capacity and elastic potential equations. :blow: P2 was a little better and I revised it in the Easter break so my grade went up from the 5 that I received, but I agree, Bio and Chem are much higher for me. :cool:
:biggrin: Suddenly able to see some hope for french now (dw i have too many struggles to ask about marriage) and i'm excited that we have a chance to improve on the subjects we find hard together :h:

I'm looking forward to it. :yep: I suddenly have some hope for physics.
Original post by springrollz
Hi, I’m starting year 10 next week!

Subjects I’m doing:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Statistics
FSMQ
Religious Studies
Food Technology
French
History

My predicted grades are 8s and 9s, but not too confident that I will actually achieve these grades.

I have no clue what I want to do as a job! It seems a bit unrealistic but I would love to go on bake off

I love nintendo games such as professor layton and animal crossing! I enjoy doing maths in school too. Happy to make new friends on here :smile:

Hey, I love Animal Crossing too (especially New Leaf) . :woohoo: However, my 3DS is currently broken so we'll see how long I last. :cry2:
Original post by springrollz
Omg i’m terrible at french speaking!!!

It's my worst exam out of the lot, I do Spanish too and speaking is awful.
(edited 4 years ago)
:emo: P1 was difficult, and to make things worse our teacher forced us to learn the specific heat capacity and elastic potential equations. :blow: P2 was a little better and I revised it in the Easter break so my grade went up from the 5 that I received, but I agree, Bio and Chem are much higher for me. :cool:

The plan for Y9 was for us to cover Chapters 1-3 for all sciences, regardless of tier. But our physics teacher is head of department and forced us to do P4 with only 3 or 4 lessons left. We didn’t finish it but the problem is P4 has LOADS of required practicals. No one was bothered but I’m assuming we will redo P4 because we are (most likely) to keep the same science teachers for Year 10.
RS is compulsory for us too, but we started in Year 9.

Yeah we started in yr 9 too.
Hi! I'm xcatcatastrophex
and I'm in the same boat as pretty much everyone else on this thread; starting year 10 in a week or so...:smile:

What I am going to be studying:
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
Maths Edexcel
Triple Science AQA
French AQA
Latin OCR
Music idk

Fav/Least fav subjects:
Fav - French
Least fav - English

I couldn't really comment about predicted grades :confused:

Future occupation:
I have absolutely no idea.

How am I feeling about year 10?:
Kinda excited but at the same time I know this period (GCSEs) goes really quickly and I don't want to grow up.

P.s I would love to reply to threads all the time but unfortunately I cant as my phone is playing up - (posting this from a computer)
When are we all going back to school? I’m going on Friday:dancing:. (But Year 7 and 11 start Thursday):colondollar:
(edited 4 years ago)
Take the quiz!
Find out your Myers-Briggs personality animal here on the UCAS website and post your result!

Find out what you're like and what you could do
Discover:
-your strengths and what makes you tick
-some jobs you may enjoy
-what celebs you're like
-in our quick quiz.

There are 16 possible results - all connected with an animal!

I got Polar Bear. Motto: I know exactly what I’m doing.

Remember that the Myers-Briggs is just a quiz, it doesn’t define your life but it’s fun to find out what you are. Don’t take it too seriously!
The plan for Y9 was for us to cover Chapters 1-3 for all sciences, regardless of tier. But our physics teacher is head of department and forced us to do P4 with only 3 or 4 lessons left. We didn’t finish it but the problem is P4 has LOADS of required practicals. No one was bothered but I’m assuming we will redo P4 because we are (most likely) to keep the same science teachers for Year 10.

You're so ahead of us in physics, we only managed P1 and P2. I think the teacher was meant to do P3 but he obviously didn't. :blushing: My science teachers are different this year apart from Chemistry I think.
When are we all going back to school? I’m going on Friday:dancing:. (But Year 7 and 11 start Thursday):colondollar:

I'm going back next Wednesday on the 4th. :gah:
I'm going back to school on Thursday!:bl::dance:

I'm scared though... :frown:

I'm going back next Wednesday on the 4th. :gah:

same, feeling rlly nervous tho cuz by the looks of it i'm getting mostly different teachers than last year:bored:
same, feeling rlly nervous tho cuz by the looks of it i'm getting mostly different teachers than last year:bored:

me too! hope you get nice teachers, i’m praying for better ones than last year🤞

Oh my goodness, me too! I literally have a new form tutor ; the one I've had for 3 years has left. :getmecoat: The only teacher I'm happy that is different happens to be for physics lol. :adore:

I'm genuinely worried.
Reply 39
Hey, is anyone here taking btec music? So nervous for next year!! I'm taking my English Lit GCSE :s-smilie:

Latest