The Student Room Group

He gave a short response. This means he's not interested right?

I texted him that "lol i saw a patient of the pulmonologist dr's at Costco and told him you're an orthopod so he's going to see you for his hands" he replied "Nice,thanks!"
I get it he's doctor and can't reply much through text to show anything against an employee but he used to. "I know he's keeping it professional but a change all of a sudden. There was an instance where something happened where dr thought i was rude to patient and that's why patient cancelled but he was mistaken. But before it was cleared up I barged into his office and when he said patient said you were rude, I said well if my just telling the patient he has to pay is me being rude then i'm rude. He reported me to management after that and when I went and had a talk with him he realized what happened. In front of everyone he said there was a misunderstnading between us. But by him responding like this is showing disinterest yes?

Scroll to see replies

Such a dry response but pretty reasonable.
If he's been giving dead replies for a longer period of time and not only the once then personally, in my opinion, he don't give a damn.
Original post by Anonymous
I texted him that "lol i saw a patient of the pulmonologist dr's at Costco and told him you're an orthopod so he's going to see you for his hands" he replied "Nice,thanks!"
I get it he's doctor and can't reply much through text to show anything against an employee but he used to. "I know he's keeping it professional but a change all of a sudden. There was an instance where something happened where dr thought i was rude to patient and that's why patient cancelled but he was mistaken. But before it was cleared up I barged into his office and when he said patient said you were rude, I said well if my just telling the patient he has to pay is me being rude then i'm rude. He reported me to management after that and when I went and had a talk with him he realized what happened. In front of everyone he said there was a misunderstnading between us. But by him responding like this is showing disinterest yes?

I didn't understand your post. How old are you? I hope you're old enough to have sat GCSE English Language...

On a more serious note, he's definitely not interested. It seems like he wants you to stop contacting him.
Reply 3
Original post by Hikushthegirlsay
Such a dry response but pretty reasonable.
If he's been giving dead replies for a longer period of time and not only the once then personally, in my opinion, he don't give a damn.

we work together, he's the doctor I work with a very new. So idk if he's itnerested and trying to show preofessional but if he were interested he would show just a little more enthusiasm no?
Reply 4
Original post by Quick-use
I didn't understand your post. How old are you? I hope you're old enough to have sat GCSE English Language...

On a more serious note, he's definitely not interested. It seems like he wants you to stop contacting him.

I think you didn't get it. He's the doctor I work for and see everyday. He's a new doc so not sure if he's trying to remain professional but before he was more talkative. he told me that I have walls and need to bring them down. I said yes i dont let anyone in because no one's on my level. He said yeah no one's on my level either. I said so how would you advise to bring down my walls, he said i don't know because i have walls too. I then asked then why are you telling me to bring mine down and he said because i'm working on mine.
we work together, he's the doctor I work with a very new. So idk if he's itnerested and trying to show preofessional but if he were interested he would show just a little more enthusiasm no?

Did his Facial expressions show disapproval at all when he replied 'Nice, thanks'?
E.g. Happy, sad etc.
Reply 6
Did his Facial expressions show disapproval at all when he replied 'Nice, thanks'?
E.g. Happy, sad etc.

this was through text
Reply 7
He's a new doc so not sure if he's trying to remain professional but before he was more talkative. he told me that I have walls and need to bring them down. I said yes i dont let anyone in because no one's on my level. He said yeah no one's on my level either. I said so how would you advise to bring down my walls, he said i don't know because i have walls too. I then asked then why are you telling me to bring mine down and he said because i'm working on mine.
This account is a Troll, discussion over.
Reply 9
This account is a Troll, discussion over.

wth, if you can't help me then don't respond. I"m not posting on here to get harassed.
I think you didn't get it. He's the doctor I work for and see everyday. He's a new doc so not sure if he's trying to remain professional but before he was more talkative. he told me that I have walls and need to bring them down. I said yes i dont let anyone in because no one's on my level. He said yeah no one's on my level either. I said so how would you advise to bring down my walls, he said i don't know because i have walls too. I then asked then why are you telling me to bring mine down and he said because i'm working on mine.

I've understood the context. In all honesty, it does seem like he just wants everything to be professional between both of you. I wouldn't pursue him any longer - otherwise, you may come off desperate.
Original post by Quick-use
I've understood the context. In all honesty, it does seem like he just wants everything to be professional between both of you. I wouldn't pursue him any longer - otherwise, you may come off desperate.

So even though he has to be very careful and especially through text where there is evidence you think he still could've said something else? did you read what he said to me? So far I had gotten the sense he was interested because he'd act awkward around me, fidget and had that conversation with me. Me texting him about work do you think made him think i like him?
The problem is, your text was about a professional issue, so he responded in a professional way. I couldn’t really see him responding something ‘flirty’ in that situation. If you had texted something like ‘I’m trying to bring my walls down because i really like you and want to get to know you better’ and then he texted ‘nice thanks!’ ... personally i still wouldn’t say that shows disinterest, but i would understand more why you would possibly mean it does. His response was perfectly acceptable for the original message you texted him. There was nothing to indicate you like him, so you cant say his response shows disinterest. Perhaps he didn’t feel like going into more detail as use two have already cleared up the misunderstanding.

But overall, I’m still shocked in 2019 people still do not have the courage to tell someone they like them. It’s really not that hard to ask someone if they want to go for a drink or go to dinner or something. If they say no, or say sorry I’m not interested then it ok. Get over it and they’ve saved you wasting more time pining over them when you could be pursuing someone who is interested. Also if you never directly say you’re interested, they may never know and end up with someone else. Not everyone is good at picking up the signs. The best thing to do is always be direct.
There's no hidden meaning. It's a message that didn't require a long response.

You were rude though. There's no arguing that. If you were attracted to him then it sounds like you blew it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
There's no hidden meaning. It's a message that didn't require a long response.

You were rude though. There's no arguing that. If you were attracted to him then it sounds like you blew it.

Please explain how she was rude? It seems to me that a patient cancelled an appointment as they didn’t realise they’d have to pay, however the doctor jumped to conclusions. And instead of him trying to sort it out with her, he went and snitched to management, only to realise after he misunderstood. So where was she rude? If anything, I’m wondering why she’d be interested in someone like that. He clearly has no loyalty to her and could have lost her her job for his mistake.
Please explain how she was rude? It seems to me that a patient cancelled an appointment as they didn’t realise they’d have to pay, however the doctor jumped to conclusions. And instead of him trying to sort it out with her, he went and snitched to management, only to realise after he misunderstood. So where was she rude? If anything, I’m wondering why she’d be interested in someone like that. He clearly has no loyalty to her and could have lost her her job for his mistake.

You weren't rude, sinfonietta is waffling.
You weren't rude, sinfonietta is waffling.

I’m not the op hun, but i agree with you she wasn’t rude at all
I’m not the op hun, but i agree with you she wasn’t rude at all

Ok babes, kissy kissy. Hehe.
Please explain how she was rude?

She barged into his office and gave him attitude instead of listening and communicating properly. It's unprofessional and disrespectful.
Original post by sinfonietta
She barged into his office and gave him attitude instead of listening and communicating properly. It's unprofessional and disrespectful.

Blabla.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending