The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan increase

Hi so I haven’t started university yet but I’m about to in the next month. I wanted to ask if I could increase my maintenance loan as I’m only borrowing £1200 my mum said she would help me but my accomodation is in three installments not per month so I need a higher maintenance loan to help with my accomodation. Do I still need to fill out a form of some sort because I can’t edit it on the webpage I just want around £2500-3000.
Thanks
Hi.

You should be able to update your Maintenance Loan request either through your online account or by the paper form. The status of your application will affect how you can make this change. When you log in to your online account please choose 'Change your Application' and then 'Loan Amounts'. If you're not able to do this or linked to the form please let us know.

Thanks, Tégan
Hi
I've already filled out my application for 2018/19 and it says "Status Application withdrawn" there is two options to either reapply or start another application or submit another application, when I press reapply I have to fill out the full form again but this time I pressed 2019/20 I have a feeling I did it wrong? There isn't anywhere to press loan amounts.
Hi,
On your main page does it show that you have a valid application for the 19/20 academic year?

Thanks, Tégan
Hi,
Sorry I have just realized the mistake I made! I applied for a 2018/19 application with a maintenance loan of £1200 so I just applied another application with the right date 2019/20 a maintenance loan of £4000 now will the original application I made be cancelled as I submitted a new one? (It does say "status application withdrawn")
Thanks
Original post by curiouscatalogue
Hi,
Sorry I have just realized the mistake I made! I applied for a 2018/19 application with a maintenance loan of £1200 so I just applied another application with the right date 2019/20 a maintenance loan of £4000 now will the original application I made be cancelled as I submitted a new one? (It does say "status application withdrawn")
Thanks

Hi,

If you have now applied for the correct academic year we will now be able to process your application and calculate your funding. Were you able to delete the 18/19 application? Will 2019/20 academic year be your first year at university?

Thanks, Amy
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi,

If you have now applied for the correct academic year we will now be able to process your application and calculate your funding. Were you able to delete the 18/19 application? Will 2019/20 academic year be your first year at university?

Thanks, Amy

Hi,
I'm afraid there is no option to delete the application and I have received the letter for the last years 2018/19 tuition and maintenance loan will I need to call student finance so that it is gotten rid of? Yes the 2019/20 academic year will be my first.
Original post by curiouscatalogue
Hi,
I'm afraid there is no option to delete the application and I have received the letter for the last years 2018/19 tuition and maintenance loan will I need to call student finance so that it is gotten rid of? Yes the 2019/20 academic year will be my first.

Hi,

if you can't cancel the application online, you'll need to either send us a message via Facebook/Twitter or give us a call on 0300 100 0607 so that we can do this for you.

Regards, Duncan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending