The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Deferring

I’ve accepted my offered place for History, although I just missed the grade (AAA instead of A*AA), I was very lucky to still be given a place. However, I would like to now defer the place until next year (entry 2020). I’ve emailed numerous times and rang twice before bank holiday weekend. I’m really anxious to know Durham’s answer. Any idea how long they could take and why it takes so long to say yes or no and what my chances of a yes are?
Reply 1
I don't know specifics about Durham (well done on getting a place!), I deferred my place till 2020 at Lincoln University. I didn't get a reply to my email but after a few days I noticed on my UCAS it had changed to 2020. I would check your UCAS. I believe they should say yes but I've heard some universities have limited number of defer places.

FYI - I sent an email about deferring on the Tuesday (20th) and i saw the change on my UCAS on Friday.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Thanks for getting back. No change on track yet. Hopefully the bank holiday has delayed them - it seems a long time to wait since I first emailed on the 16th! There’s still hope!!
Reply 3
Original post by standrewsoffers7
Thanks for getting back. No change on track yet. Hopefully the bank holiday has delayed them - it seems a long time to wait since I first emailed on the 16th! There’s still hope!!

That is a long time. Maybe give them a ring on Tuesday?
That’s the plan. Maybe track will change tomorrow when they’re back at work. 🤞
Reply 5
That’s the plan. Maybe track will change tomorrow when they’re back at work. 🤞

Yep. Fingers crossed!
hi
Have you heard yet. I’m in the same boat and asked again yesterday and they told me deferrals would be informed by the 31st and I still haven’t heard.

I’ve accepted my offered place for History, although I just missed the grade (AAA instead of A*AA), I was very lucky to still be given a place. However, I would like to now defer the place until next year (entry 2020). I’ve emailed numerous times and rang twice before bank holiday weekend. I’m really anxious to know Durham’s answer. Any idea how long they could take and why it takes so long to say yes or no and what my chances of a yes are?
I rang Durham yesterday and now they are saying I might not be told
About my deferral request until the first day of term. Which means I would have to decide on the day whether I’m going this year of next year. I’m really shocked that they would not inform students of their decision like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending