The Student Room Group

He gave a short response. This means he's not interested right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sinfonietta
She barged into his office and gave him attitude instead of listening and communicating properly. It's unprofessional and disrespectful.

Listening and communicating properly? Yet he was the one who didn’t listen to what actually happened and instead ran to management? Lol yeah ok. Logically op was upset after what had happened and
so she went into his office to vent/say what really happened as I’m sure anyone would want to after to being accused of something. And if you actually read the post, the doctor was saying the patient said she was rude to them - the doctor didn’t call her rude. So her going into the office isn’t relevant.
Original post by Anonymous
Listening and communicating properly? Yet he was the one who didn’t listen to what actually happened and instead ran to management? Lol yeah ok. Logically op was upset after what had happened and
so she went into his office to vent/say what really happened as I’m sure anyone would want to after to being accused of something. And if you actually read the post, the doctor was saying the patient said she was rude to them - the doctor didn’t call her rude. So her going into the office isn’t relevant.

She wanted to know if this man is interested in her (see thread title, post #12, and her previous threads about this guy). She was rude to him when she went to his office. Her poor behaviour, him reporting her, and the resulting less enthusiastic communication since then = if he had any interest in her to begin with it's most definitely gone now.
She wanted to know if this man is interested in her (see thread title, post #12, and her previous threads about this guy). She was rude to him when she went to his office. Her poor behaviour, him reporting her, and the resulting less enthusiastic communication since then = if he had any interest in her to begin with it's most definitely gone now.

But that is your opinion. She didn’t mention the doctor ever saying he thought her going into the office was rude so clearly he didn’t take it that way/it was minor. I’m not talking about previous posts or threads as this is the only thread ive read and replied too.

She asked if hes interested in her from that specific text message. And in regards to her 1st post, his text message in no way shows he’s not interested in her. As i said, her message was nothing more than a work related comment and his response was perfectly acceptable. Thats pretty much end of story
Please explain how she was rude? It seems to me that a patient cancelled an appointment as they didn’t realise they’d have to pay, however the doctor jumped to conclusions. And instead of him trying to sort it out with her, he went and snitched to management, only to realise after he misunderstood. So where was she rude? If anything, I’m wondering why she’d be interested in someone like that. He clearly has no loyalty to her and could have lost her her job for his mistake.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what happened and later after I had a talk with him he admitted to the other staff that there was a misunderstanding between us. But yes you are right. Quite honestly, i'm still affected by what he did. When i talked to him i told him you should've come and talked to me if there was an issue. I said i could've easily told manaegment that you made an inappropriate and offensive joke with me(in the beginning he said a very mean word in our language, hi thinking it's a "joke") but i didn't, i came and talked to you about it.
No
But that is your opinion. She didn’t mention the doctor ever saying he thought her going into the office was rude so clearly he didn’t take it that way/it was minor.

He wouldn't have reported her if this had been the case.

Yes i did and yes he did say that.

Was you there though? I’m talking on what the op has said, you’re just speculating. He reported the fact that the patient said she was rude. And when he learnt the truth he took it back. So you’ve not actually proven your point
Was you there though? I’m talking on what the op has said, you’re just speculating. He reported the fact that the patient said she was rude. And when he learnt the truth he took it back. So you’ve not actually proven your point

Yes he was upset by the fact that he thought i drove the patient away and i guess the way I spoke to him but i only spoke to him that way after he said "the patient said i was rude"
Thank you so much, this is exactly what happened and later after I had a talk with him he admitted to the other staff that there was a misunderstanding between us. But yes you are right. Quite honestly, i'm still affected by what he did. When i talked to him i told him you should've come and talked to me if there was an issue. I said i could've easily told manaegment that you made an inappropriate and offensive joke with me(in the beginning he said a very mean word in our language, hi thinking it's a "joke") but i didn't, i came and talked to you about it.

Honestly, i think you’re better off pursuing someone else. He may like you, he may not. Without asking, you’re never gunna know and no one is tsr is ever going to be able to tell you either. But generally speaking, dating a co worker is always best avoided. If things ever turn sour, you don’t want to have to see them everyday or worse, have to quit your job because of it.
Honestly, i think you’re better off pursuing someone else. He may like you, he may not. Without asking, you’re never gunna know and no one is tsr is ever going to be able to tell you either. But generally speaking, dating a co worker is always best avoided. If things ever turn sour, you don’t want to have to see them everyday or worse, have to quit your job because of it.

Without asking him**
No one on tsr**

I can't ask because the the doc i work for, and i'm not going to be there forever since i'm applying to medical school and he knows it. But you don't think his response is indicate that he isn't interested or am i thinking incorrectly about it:
I can't ask because the the doc i work for, and i'm not going to be there forever since i'm applying to medical school and he knows it. But you don't think his response is indicate that he isn't interested or am i thinking incorrectly about it:

Like i said in my 1st post, you’d have to send him a message which implies you like him. Otherwise it’s impossible to indicate if he is or isn’t interested by his response. You sent a work related message and he responded politely. I don’t think theres anything more you can read into it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending