The Student Room Group

Manchester School of Architecture Undergraduate 2019 Freshman!!!

Hey! Anyone has confirmed your place at MSA? Say Hi!!! Btw if you'll study at MSA, have you received any email about the hall of residence or the school schedule?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I've confirmed my place, I'm not sure about the residence thing because I didn't apply for accommodation but I haven't been sent a school schedule or anything
Hi!!! Nice to meet you! I still haven't received any school schedule too, but I've read the induction booklet. It probably suggests what we're going to do on weekdays. Ahh actually I kinda want to have electives so that we can have the opportunity to study things other than Architecture.
Reply 3
Nice to meet you too! I was googling about the course and found the induction booklet as well, hopefully we get the email from them about the schedule/equipment soon, are you excited to start
Original post by mxo123
Nice to meet you too! I was googling about the course and found the induction booklet as well, hopefully we get the email from them about the schedule/equipment soon, are you excited to start

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can't wait for the school year to start!! Btw, they have the list of equipment in the induction booklet, you can go check it out. There is plenty of stuff you need to buy b4 the start of the school year.
Reply 5
Original post by Kingsley Mak
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can't wait for the school year to start!! Btw, they have the list of equipment in the induction booklet, you can go check it out. There is plenty of stuff you need to buy b4 the start of the school year.

Same!! and thanks I'll read the rest of it later. Honestly I just wanna start the course now and meet my tutor/tutor group and stuff, I was reading about msa's course online and some people said its a hard course which had me kinda nervous at first but I'm more excited now ahaha
Original post by mxo123
Same!! and thanks I'll read the rest of it later. Honestly I just wanna start the course now and meet my tutor/tutor group and stuff, I was reading about msa's course online and some people said its a hard course which had me kinda nervous at first but I'm more excited now ahaha

It's gonna be a tough year but I think I'll enjoy it too! Hope I can have great tutors and classmates, probably meet some new friends haha
Reply 7
It's gonna be a tough year but I think I'll enjoy it too! Hope I can have great tutors and classmates, probably meet some new friends haha

yeahh I think its one of those courses where it'll be hard but really fun at the same time&what subjects did you do at sixth form
Reply 8
Original post by Silurianwarrior
Me!
Although I’m deferring for 2020!
So, see you next year!

Hey! I hope you enjoy your year away from uni then ahaha
Original post by mxo123
yeahh I think its one of those courses where it'll be hard but really fun at the same time&what subjects did you do at sixth form

I do physics, chemistry n mathematics
Reply 10
I do physics, chemistry n mathematics

woahh they looked really hard this year, did you get the enrolment email from Manchester uni and mmu?
Original post by mxo123
woahh they looked really hard this year, did you get the enrolment email from Manchester uni and mmu?

Physics is so hard this year🤦🏻*♂️ I did receive the enrollment email from mmu n uom
Reply 12
Physics is so hard this year🤦🏻*♂️ I did receive the enrollment email from mmu n uom

have you brought any of the stuff from the equipment list yet? I swear I never knew a pen could cost like £20, i added everything from the essentials list into a basket and I got a total of around £80
Original post by mxo123
have you brought any of the stuff from the equipment list yet? I swear I never knew a pen could cost like £20, i added everything from the essentials list into a basket and I got a total of around £80

Wtf!? I've bought some already. I only buy some sketch books and tracing papers since I got some drawling pens and charcoal pencils in my home. What's that pen btw? It's a little bit overpriced.
Reply 14
Wtf!? I've bought some already. I only buy some sketch books and tracing papers since I got some drawling pens and charcoal pencils in my home. What's that pen btw? It's a little bit overpriced.

I ordered the some of essential stuff that I don't already have off amazon and idkk cause when I was on there, there were pens and rulers going for that price but I ended up just ignoring them and going for the other things
Btw after we enrol,register&upload id photos for the unis do you think we have to do anything else?
Original post by mxo123
I ordered the some of essential stuff that I don't already have off amazon and idkk cause when I was on there, there were pens and rulers going for that price but I ended up just ignoring them and going for the other things
Btw after we enrol,register&upload id photos for the unis do you think we have to do anything else?

I think there's nothing left to be done. Just collect the student ID when u arrive!
Reply 16
are you going to be bringing your equipment with you on the first day? its lectures so do you think we'll need it? also, have you found a bag big enough to fit the A3 drawing board and stuff because Im struggling rn ahaha
Original post by mxo123
are you going to be bringing your equipment with you on the first day? its lectures so do you think we'll need it? also, have you found a bag big enough to fit the A3 drawing board and stuff because Im struggling rn ahaha

I think you mean Sep 16? Isn't it just for induction?? Before I thought I'd just hold it on my hands but now I'm thinking about it ahaha
Reply 18
I think you mean Sep 16? Isn't it just for induction?? Before I thought I'd just hold it on my hands but now I'm thinking about it ahaha

Yeah I think I'm gonna do them same since I haven't got a bag big enough, btw do we have two lectures tomorrow in the humanities building because I checked the timetable and theres only one on there from 3-5 but at Roscoe building? is it like that for you too?
Original post by mxo123
Yeah I think I'm gonna do them same since I haven't got a bag big enough, btw do we have two lectures tomorrow in the humanities building because I checked the timetable and theres only one on there from 3-5 but at Roscoe building? is it like that for you too?

I'm not sure about the timetable but yaaa we have 2 lectures today and I'm typing this while listening to the lecture hahahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending