The Student Room Group

Revision 🤧

Can you comment some things I should do to revise eg mind maps flashcards etc I usually think flashcards work best for me but I’m stArting to think otherwise I want new creative ways to revise
Reply 1
If you're doing an essay based subject then just do essays, the more practise you do with them the more you manage to develop your essay writing skills and technique.
Original post by Thestudent107Y
Can you comment some things I should do to revise eg mind maps flashcards etc I usually think flashcards work best for me but I’m stArting to think otherwise I want new creative ways to revise

1) Meet with friends. Get snacks. Feed ducks if there's a local park.
2) Find group study space (bedroom, classroom, library,cafe)
3) Ask each other questions! Eg. "What are differing Christian views on abortion?" Test each other on quotes and stuff.
4) Talk! Bounce off each other and don't even bother with writing. It's enough to refresh the topics in your brain, and you may get new things from your friends and learn from them. Equally, being able to teach someone else shows you're a master of the subject.
5) Reward yourself with further snacks.
I recommend writing model answers for all the questions that could come up. (Perhaps near Mocks)

Also, I recommend holding lessons like teaching your friends/class mates/ family members
Mini Tests after every 2 weeks or a month could work for you.

:dancing2:good luck with exams :dancing2:
(edited 4 years ago)
Also past papers are ESSENTIAL.
Also Studytubers like unjaded jade and Jack use methods like memory palaces and creating trails with cue cards (each wrong answer to a card sends you back to the beginning, keeps you on your feet).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending