The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Grade Round Up

Hi,

I just studied at London Met and got 69.28% when the certificate page shows 69.5% as a First!

That's LESS than QUARTER of a percent off a First!

Has anyone ever got their grades rounded up? Other unis round up grades that are even round 1% and mines was a quarter of that!

I have just emailed them but seeing as I got the certificate, I'm wondering whether it's too late or not. I did email when I roughly calculated it another time, but they didn't respond.

My graduation is deferred to December as I couldn't attend the August one, so at least if something does change, I will go up with a First.
Original post by Dillz_97
Hi,

I just studied at London Met and got 69.28% when the certificate page shows 69.5% as a First!

That's LESS than QUARTER of a percent off a First!

Has anyone ever got their grades rounded up? Other unis round up grades that are even round 1% and mines was a quarter of that!

I have just emailed them but seeing as I got the certificate, I'm wondering whether it's too late or not. I did email when I roughly calculated it another time, but they didn't respond.

My graduation is deferred to December as I couldn't attend the August one, so at least if something does change, I will go up with a First.

You will need to look at the degree classification regulations which are normally online.
Standard is 69.5 is rounded up.

I checked and it is 69.5 assuming you did the counting correctly.
I am not seeing on what basis you are attempting to appeal?
(edited 4 years ago)
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You will need to look at the degree classification regulations which are normally online.
Standard is 69.5 is rounded up.

I checked and it is 69.5 assuming you did the counting correctly.
I am not seeing on what basis you are attempting to appeal?

I'm saying doesn't my grade 69.28 get rounded to 69.5? As it's less than a quarter of a percent
Original post by Dillz_97
I'm saying doesn't my grade 69.28 get rounded to 69.5? As it's less than a quarter of a percent

Will leave it to you to sort out with them but imo clearly not.
69.5 gets rounded to 70.
Tbh it says 69.49 or below is a 2:1, but see what happens with your appeal. Not persuaded by your argument, but its their opinion that matters.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Will leave it to you to sort out with them but imo clearly not.
69.5 gets rounded to 70.
Tbh it says 69.49 or below is a 2:1, but see what happens with your appeal. Not persuaded by your argument, but its their opinion that matters.

I understand what you mean definitely.

But in my case, 69.5 is a First and 70 isn't the boundary is my point here.

If it was 70%, then I understand not getting it rounded as it's under the borderline
But being 69.5% for a first and being 68.28...yep I'm going to try appeal it haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending