The Student Room Group

IGCSE Cambridge remark?

I’m considering a remark for my English lit exam - I was told that Cambridge don’t usually change their marks. Is this usually true? Does anyone have any success stories?
Original post by may12388
I’m considering a remark for my English lit exam - I was told that Cambridge don’t usually change their marks. Is this usually true? Does anyone have any success stories?

No success story, but I certainly know that for A-levels, Cambridge were perfectly happy with the idea of remarked papers, so I assume the same goes for iGCSEs too! The only uni I have heard that doesn't accept some remarks is Kings College London.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Crazycatladyy
No success story, but I certainly know that for A-levels, Cambridge were perfectly happy with the idea of remarked papers, so I assume the same goes for iGCSEs too! The only uni I have heard that doesn't accept some remarks is Kings College London.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :smile:

Thank you!
I remarked all 3 papers of my CIE history exams. Not one single mark changed (I hate to break it to you) :frown:; and I guess history and eng lit is sorta similar in ways. Sorry for the bad news but try look at the bright side, the one that really matters is the eng lang result and usually unis have a very basic and low requirement for them. Don't feel too disheartened anyways, unless you are planning on doing medicine or some gcse crazy courses, you'll be very much fine :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by gordonchong
I remarked all 3 papers of my CIE history exams. Not one single mark changed (I hate to break it to you) :frown:; and I guess history and eng lit is sorta similar in ways. Sorry for the bad news but try look at the bright side, the one that really matters is the eng lang result and usually unis have a very basic and low requirement for them. Don't feel too disheartened anyways, unless you are planning on doing medicine or some gcse crazy courses, you'll be very much fine :smile:

Ah ok. It’s just that I scored quite low in both exam papers for english lit despite having got A/A* most of the year in class. So I kind of really want to know what happened....
You can always ask your school whether they can get you a photocopy of the marked exam script. Then you can consult with your English teacher whether or not it's worth remarking. I'm not sure if you have to pay a small amount of money to the exam board for this but if you feel like something went wrong with the marking or you deserved better, trying won't hurt at all. Have my fingers-crossed for you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by gordonchong
You can always ask your school whether they can get you a photocopy of the marked exam script. Then you can consult with your English teacher whether or not it's worth remarking. I'm not sure if you have to pay a small amount of money to the exam board for this but if you feel like something went wrong with the marking or you deserved better, trying won't hurt at all. Have my fingers-crossed for you :smile:

Thank you for your help - I hadn’t thought of that! I’ll look into it!
Reply 7
Does anyone know if there's any point in getting my IGCSE Geography papers re-checked? I'm 5 marks away from scoring a C. I'm not sure whether to go ahead with the process or not, plus the fees aren't cheap by any means to get the papers rechecked.

Is geography a harder subject to gain marks by rechecks?

Quick Reply

Latest