The Student Room Group

GCSE textbook help

I’m in year 9 and i feel like I’m falling behind in my class. I don’t want to be top of the class but I’m hoping for 9s in my gcse so I’m starting to revise now.

Can anybody recommend any good textbooks or revision guides? Where can get previous tests? And What’s the best way to revise? Thanks
Reply 1
Best way to revise is doing past exam papers especially for maths if you know the exam board your school will use, personally i wouldn't worry too much about revising yet as you are still in year 9 and have plenty of time left before your exams.
To find maths questions go on the website of the exam board your school uses and there you can find past exams and answers.
Nothing wrong with starting to revising now as long as you don't go overboard. Just do a bit of review over your lessons and revise for end of term tests.

The Oxford AQA textbooks are very helpful. They have all the content you need.

Previous tests can be found on the AQA website. https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes

The best way to revise, as I said, is to take it easy for now. Revise smartly and not too much.
Original post by helpmewithschool
I’m in year 9 and i feel like I’m falling behind in my class. I don’t want to be top of the class but I’m hoping for 9s in my gcse so I’m starting to revise now.

Can anybody recommend any good textbooks or revision guides? Where can get previous tests? And What’s the best way to revise? Thanks

It honestly depends on what subjects you are doing and what exam boards you are doing them with
Original post by thrifty_reviser
It honestly depends on what subjects you are doing and what exam boards you are doing them with

Thank you so would you recommend me getting the textbooks for each subject from the exam board . Thanks
Original post by 99sobi
Nothing wrong with starting to revising now as long as you don't go overboard. Just do a bit of review over your lessons and revise for end of term tests.

The Oxford AQA textbooks are very helpful. They have all the content you need.

Previous tests can be found on the AQA website. https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes

The best way to revise, as I said, is to take it easy for now. Revise smartly and not too much.

Thank you
Original post by Asd901
Best way to revise is doing past exam papers especially for maths if you know the exam board your school will use, personally i wouldn't worry too much about revising yet as you are still in year 9 and have plenty of time left before your exams.
To find maths questions go on the website of the exam board your school uses and there you can find past exams and answers.

Thank you!
figuring out how you memorise and revise best is important. i get no benefits from notes but learn best when someone else explains things to me or i explain it to them. for memorisation i use cue cards, i type questions and answers, and ask my mum to read the questions to me

exam questions are also great because you figure out what you know and what you’re missing

check out some youtube channels like unjadedjade, she got all A*s at GCSE iirc

Quick Reply

Latest