The Student Room Group

Spider-Man leaving the MCU, AMA

Your thoughts??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MillennialX
Your thoughts??

I think you may have misunderstood what an AMA is supposed to be.
Haha thought he was Tom Holland for a sec.
Your thoughts??

To start things off I think Disney are the ones making the mistake. Sony are right to stand their ground in the face of greed. It's a shame though, Spiderman was being built up to lead the next gen of Avengers. He was Iron Man's protege - the very first hero to debut in the Infinity Saga. It will be so weird without him.
is the deal definitely off?
Original post by sweatersquig
is the deal definitely off?

Yep.
Yeah, just looked it up. Does it mean Ask me anything?

:yep:
Really sad tbh. So many people love that character and tom Holland is great as Spider-Man. It will be a true loss to the MCU if this goes ahead though I do think that if Tom Holland didn’t think that this could work for the future of the movies then I don’t think he would be speaking positively of the project or even continue as a part of it to be fair, he truly does love the character
Reply 10
Original post by withered.rose
Really sad tbh. So many people love that character and tom Holland is great as Spider-Man. It will be a true loss to the MCU if this goes ahead though I do think that if Tom Holland didn’t think that this could work for the future of the movies then I don’t think he would be speaking positively of the project or even continue as a part of it to be fair, he truly does love the character

As long as he has the role I think it can work, but it will be quite jarring for the next film now that he's cut off from everyone else.

Almost as if he decided to move to another universe and help out one that doesn't have Avengers.
God I hate Disney

Correct.

Original post by Bio 7
As long as he has the role I think it can work, but it will be quite jarring for the next film now that he's cut off from everyone else.

Almost as if he decided to move to another universe and help out one that doesn't have Avengers.

Meh, the presence of MCU characters is being overstated. Tony's gone, Cap was only in cameos, and Homecoming could have been made to work absolutely fine if they'd had to lift Fury and the Blip out of the plot. Peter turned down a place in the Avengers to keep working on his smaller scale of New York which can justify his lack of interaction with them, and there's a big enough roster of Spiderman characters available to keep the franchise fleshed out without having the MCU stable to lean on.

The biggest loss is no more Happy to awkwardly flirt with May.
Original post by Bio 7

Think it will be interesting to see how it all works
Original post by withered.rose

I think Tom Holland is just being a professional and has to speak positively about his projects regardless. He could be thinking just like me, that the Sony project will tank, but he’s not allowed to say that. Lol. He obviously loves the character enough to continue playing Spider-Man for the one more film on his contract despite the Sony-Marvel deal falling through.

Having said that, I think part of the huge success of Homecoming and Far From Home is because they were instalments in Marvel’s serialised storytelling and had other MCU characters in the mix. In addition to being well written and well directed, they had the added bonus of being under the MCU umbrella and Spider-Man had such a great role in the Avengers films. Without that, Sony are on course to just make the same mistakes again that they did with Spider-Man 3 and two Amazing Spider-Man films. They’ve already proven that they don’t know how to handle the character and that they only get the best results with Marvel’s guidance. They’re also guilty of interference in the projects and if past is prologue, the same or even worse could happen with the next Spider-Man film. :frown:
Just a bit disappointed that Tom Holland didn't get much of a decent run; he was the best spider man by far.
I like Garefield. His Spiderman films were darker than Maguires, latter were tongue in cheek. Holland was OK, but they'll make more. Made a billion the last one
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MidgetFever
Just a bit disappointed that Tom Holland didn't get much of a decent run; he was the best spider man by far.

Holland will most likely continue to be Spiderman.
Reply 18
Original post by millennialx
your thoughts??

My sweet baby spidey deserves better!!! They can't just take spidey out of the mcu with the way he's been set up. They won't be able to mention tony or happy or the snap or anything that happened to spidey in the mcu cos they don't have the rights to those things and that'll just feel off. They're trying to ruin my baby
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
I like Garefield. His Spiderman films were darker than Maguires, latter were tongue in cheek. Holland was OK, but they'll make more. Made a billion the last one

:congrats:

Garfield was my favourite Spiderman. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending