The Student Room Group

Essay help!!!!!!

So I'm doing an EPQ and I have no clue how to go about this
I only have like 4 days to finish this and I would APPRECIATE HELP LIKE SERIOUSLY IVE BEEN ASKING SO MANY TIMES AND I GOT NO RESPONSES SO ANYTHING WOULD HELP

Basically when writing an essay we obviously do research. I've been reading an OCR EPQ sample and this person has obviously cited like quotes or paraphrases from certain article but the other information like wasnt cited. Does this mean that the information you collect other than quotes and paraphrases doesn't have to be cited?

This person must have formulated their own speech from understanding various sources and put those into his/her own words; so I was wondering if you need to have a bibliography of all the sites/books you went to get the information?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me I've been doing my EPQ for the past 13 days reading over multiple books and cites etc I would really appreciate some help
(edited 4 years ago)
For EPQ, if I remember clearly, we had to cite all the sites we used during research in our bibliography and I'm sure this still applies now like any other essay based coursework
Original post by ash.2000
So I'm doing an EPQ and I have no clue how to go about this
I only have like 4 days to finish this and I would APPRECIATE HELP LIKE SERIOUSLY IVE BEEN ASKING SO MANY TIMES AND I GOT NO RESPONSES SO ANYTHING WOULD HELP

Basically when writing an essay we obviously do research. I've been reading an OCR EPQ sample and this person has obviously cited like quotes or paraphrases from certain article but the other information like wasnt cited. Does this mean that the information you collect other than quotes and paraphrases doesn't have to be cited?

This person must have formulated their own speech from understanding various sources and put those into his/her own words; so I was wondering if you need to have a bibliography of all the sites/books you went to get the information?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me I've been doing my EPQ for the past 13 days reading over multiple books and cites etc I would really appreciate some help

With quotes, I don't think you have to cite them but if you paraphrase I'd say it's safer to cite it and make sure you in some way reference where you have got this information (easily done in your bibliography) as it may seem like your passing an idea off as your own and you can get disqualified for plagiarism even if that wasn't your intent. But I'd advise you to check Edexcel's specification for EPQ as they do provide a lot of information (i.e. do's and don't)
I'm doing AQA and I've been asking some other people from student room who's basically told me that if I am using a source then I do have to reference it but not cite. Citing it should be limited to quoting and paraphrasing.

So basiclaly now I'm back to being confused cuz you're saying that I need to cite everything except quotes

😂😂😭😭😭
Thank you
Original post by ash.2000
I'm doing AQA and I've been asking some other people from student room who's basically told me that if I am using a source then I do have to reference it but not cite. Citing it should be limited to quoting and paraphrasing.

So basiclaly now I'm back to being confused cuz you're saying that I need to cite everything except quotes

😂😂😭😭😭
Thank you

I'd advise you to check what AQA specifies then tbh, but the easiest thing to do is put everything in the bibliography but that's what I remember citing any paraphrases, and with quotes (if your exam board specifies it) just do it really. I've put the link down for AQA's spec for EPQ https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-7993-SP-15.PDF

Quick Reply

Latest