The Student Room Group

Hardest Science GCSE?

Rank your GCSEs (biology, chemistry, physics and math only) in order of easiest to hardest.

Scroll to see replies

Biology
Chemistry
-
-
-
-
-
-
Physics (i hated this subject lol)
(Easiest) Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Hardest)

It’s because I’m great at maths though :/
Original post by Hazzabear
Biology
Chemistry
-
-
-
-
-
-
Physics (i hated this subject lol)

Original post by jduxie4414
(Easiest) Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Hardest)

It’s because I’m great at maths though :/

Thanks. That's really helpful :smile:
chem bio phys
hardest: CHEMISTRY by a long shot imo, i gave up with that ****
middle: biology, but i'd still say its pretty hard
easiest: physics, like half of it is knowing equations which are easy to remember
Original post by Vanessa Rose 01
Thanks. That's really helpful :smile:

We’re complete opposites 😂 if you’re really good/ really like maths and logical stuff, physics-Chem-bio. If you don’t particularly like maths and don’t mind remembering loads of facts, it’s the opposite really hope that’s a bit better :smile:
We’re complete opposites 😂 if you’re really good/ really like maths and logical stuff, physics-Chem-bio. If you don’t particularly like maths and don’t mind remembering loads of facts, it’s the opposite really hope that’s a bit better :smile:

I was thanking you both for replying, and both your posts were helpful (even though they're opposites) because you mentioned reasons. For the purpose of my question you were both helpful :smile:
I was thanking you both for replying, and both your posts were helpful (even though they're opposites) because you mentioned reasons. For the purpose of my question you were both helpful :smile:

Just checking :smile:
Biology > Chemistry > Physics

In terms of how well I did in the exams:

Chemistry (8) > Biology (8) > Physics (7)
Reply 10
- Biology
- Physics

- Chemistry (because my Chemistry teacher was god awful and taught me nothing, had to teach myself)
Just checking :smile:

:smile:
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Going off my exams- p9 b9 c8
Original post by Rae5
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
Going off my exams- p9 b9 c8

Same grades! I messed up the chemistry exam so badly :frown:
lol also all of my science results are a grade apart, its clear to me what was hard and not :colonhash:
Physics is the worst! And the hardest! It’s so abstract and complex.

Rank your GCSEs (biology, chemistry, physics and math only) in order of easiest to hardest.
Maths Chem and phys
Then Bio. So I’m doing Bio at A level
Reply 18
Chemistry
Biology
Physics (cuz I have a teacher who can't teach)
Same grades! I messed up the chemistry exam so badly :frown:

Omg same and everyone thinks I’m petty for being upset with myself for Chemistry grade, but Chemistry was the only ever subject I got 9s in the mock (all of the chemistry mocks I did I got a 9 which never happened in any other subjects )

Quick Reply

Latest