The Student Room Group

Essays per year as an undergraduate?

Starting in September and I’m curious, how many essays (on average) are expected to be written by someone reading history at undergraduate level. Had around 4 a week for A Level... so help me God!!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Starting in September and I’m curious, how many essays (on average) are expected to be written by someone reading history at undergraduate level. Had around 4 a week for A Level... so help me God!!

I had about 8-10 a year of varying lengths. Depends on the your course content and assessment methods but try not to stress, 4 a week is excessive at undergrad level, especially the amount of reading you'd have to do for them!
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
I had about 8-10 a year of varying lengths. Depends on the your course content and assessment methods but try not to stress, 4 a week is excessive at undergrad level, especially the amount of reading you'd have to do for them!

Oh thank goddd!!! So that gives me enough time to produce well written ones
Reply 3
Original post by ujabri
Oh thank goddd!!! So that gives me enough time to produce well written ones

Yes. I'd be amazed if (insert whichever uni name here) asked you to do that many essays. Think my longest one was 3000 words. I did combined with German, however my uni friends who did straight history did max 3000 words (however more likely max 2000 words module dependent) bar dissertation which was an 8000 word double module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending