The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What you mean by cold approaching?? Can you give examples ??
Reply 2
I personally find it creepy but I guess each person is different?
Reply 3
Original post by vickkyyx
What you mean by cold approaching?? Can you give examples ??

Approaching a random girl in a mall daily routine etc shops stores etc.
Reply 4
Original post by myraxo
I personally find it creepy but I guess each person is different?

No other ways to meet women that work though in this day and age
Yes, but it underperforms.
It won't lead to marriage and kids but possibly a number and date.
Reply 6
Original post by Lelondreslyf
Yes, but it underperforms.
It won't lead to marriage and kids but possibly a number and date.

So what does lead to that since dating apps don’t work meeting people through social media don’t work never met anyone through social circle and I won’t meet any women in the job I’m training for which is a pilot feels like I’ll be forever alone inB4 “you’ll meet someone when you least expect it”
Reply 7
Anyone else?
Original post by Freyaman30
So what does lead to that since dating apps don’t work meeting people through social media don’t work never met anyone through social circle and I won’t meet any women in the job I’m training for which is a pilot feels like I’ll be forever alone inB4 “you’ll meet someone when you least expect it”

Cold Approaching is the only way forward, keep at it and don't take 'No' as an answer but don't be selfish and be respectful.

It is only Creepy if you do it accordinary. E.g On the streets at Night. A mall is OK but if it's at Functions, Jackpot.
It takes confidence, such as opening your mouth and smiling. Smooth sailing.
At the end, have no expectations so you're not easily dissapointed.
It may not take you very far but at the same time don't be discouraged.

I've had high points and lows so take every opportunity there is.
It may depend on who's with the Girl and what now but any girl without her headphones on or eating is approachable because it shows she's open to attention.
Good luck.

I've cold Approached Girls and got a couple of numbers and Instagram but it fizzled out quick being Friends. They were either too old or young to date.

It's a lengthy process.

- Nailing the convo at first sight.
- Getting the number, hoping she gives it.
- Maintaining the convo in real life over text and person, hoping it lasts.
- Setting a date.
Etc.

Tinder > Cold approaching so it's best to do both.
Tinder is Easier. Cold approaching is harder.
What's meant to be will ALWAYS find it's way to you.
No BS so capitalise on EVERY chance you get, there's enough girls for everyone.
If you cold Approach in a Bar, ask about the Drink she has.
If you cold Approach in a Park, talk about its surroundings. E.g. The bird that keeps harassing her food.
And so forth.
Come prepared but expect nothing.

As for Number, whip out a note with your number on it and give it.

Or if you are afraid to say anything, let the note do the talking.
Walk up and hand the note.
If she gets back or not shows her interest.
No matter the result, keep trying harder.
Reply 11
What's meant to be will ALWAYS find it's way to you.
No BS so capitalise on EVERY chance you get, there's enough girls for everyone.

Tinder is worthless why do so many people recommend it had it for days only got 3 matches all ignores no idea why people recommend it
The thing I hate the most is online dating or DMing on instagram . For me if you approach a girl in real life without being creepy , perhaps greeting her kindly is abstlouty fine.
However you have to be prepared to take a hint and go away if she seems uncomfortable
Original post by Freyaman30
Tinder is worthless why do so many people recommend it had it for days only got 3 matches all ignores no idea why people recommend it

Exactly. Not to mention there’s all types of cat fishing that takes place on tinder
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Exactly. Not to mention there’s all types of cat fishing that takes place on tinder

It was the worst for me because social media dating apps don’t work for meeting women neither does social circle hobbies or anything only chance of success is cold approach and that’s a slim chance how can meeting women in this day and age be impossible 8 years ago it was easy!!!! Now it’s boderline impossible
i think its creepy personally BUT if you do approach a woman, give them your number, do not ask for theres. this way they can choose wether or not to text you and hopefully they feel less uncomfortable
Original post by sweatersquig
i think its creepy personally BUT if you do approach a woman, give them your number, do not ask for theres. this way they can choose wether or not to text you and hopefully they feel less uncomfortable

That's why it's best to approach a girl the first time you see them, rather than hoping you cross paths time and time again which makes her feel threatened.
That's why it's best to approach a girl the first time you see them, rather than hoping you cross paths time and time again which makes her feel threatened.

tbf i wouldnt suggest approaching a woman at all. that alone can be threatening
Original post by sweatersquig
tbf i wouldnt suggest approaching a woman at all. that alone can be threatening

Or just be casual about it.
Hand her a note with your number on and walk off. Be like, whoops you dropped this and tada.
Or just be casual about it.
Hand her a note with your number on and walk off. Be like, whoops you dropped this and tada.

that doesn’t sound too bad. i was imagining more of a catcalling situation

Latest

Trending

Trending