The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What's your name? Wonyo :wink: Kidding lol

How did you find the GCSE experience? Definitelt could’ve done better, but I’m proud at what I’ve achieved!

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!]
A-Level English Combined (AQA... I think? Lol)
A-Level History (AQA, I think? Again?)
A-alevel Biology (AQA)
A-Level Sociology (AQA)

What is your favourite subject? History and English!

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? Staying at my school’s 6th form! New people coming in though :smile:

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? Scared... but I know I’ll have to work hard so I’m preparing for it!

Any hobbies or interests? Writing and netball. I also like watching Japanese and Korean shows.

What are you looking forward to the most? Challenging myself and making new friends!

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here: Maybe...
Original post by Wonyo
What's your name? Wonyo :wink: Kidding lol

How did you find the GCSE experience? Definitelt could’ve done better, but I’m proud at what I’ve achieved!

What A-Levels (or other equivalent qualifications) are you taking? [Specifying boards will help to find other people sitting the same exams!]
A-Level English Combined (AQA... I think? Lol)
A-Level History (AQA, I think? Again?)
A-alevel Biology (AQA)
A-Level Sociology (AQA)

What is your favourite subject? History and English!

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? Staying at my school’s 6th form! New people coming in though :smile:

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? Scared... but I know I’ll have to work hard so I’m preparing for it!

Any hobbies or interests? Writing and netball. I also like watching Japanese and Korean shows.

What are you looking forward to the most? Challenging myself and making new friends!

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here: Maybe...

We seem so similar! I'm into K-Dramas and love History and English. :five:
made a thread for help anyone taking Biology (Aqa) chem (aqa) pls take a look
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6106118
:woo: this is awesome razz!

What's your name? Bubbles because I'm too scared to use my real name haha

How did you find the GCSE experience? Better than I expected, stressful though especially taking 28 exams!!!

AQA Biology
OCR A Chemistry
AQA Psychology
Edexcel Spanish

What is your favourite subject? It's actuallyyyyy pe?! but people look down on it too much for me to take it for a-level

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? Staying at my school :gah:

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? Terrified!!

Any hobbies or interests? Swimming, skiing

What are you looking forward to the most? More freedom

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here: Coming soon :getmecoat:
Original post by clouddbubbles
:woo: this is awesome razz!

What's your name? Bubbles because I'm too scared to use my real name haha

How did you find the GCSE experience? Better than I expected, stressful though especially taking 28 exams!!!

AQA Biology
OCR A Chemistry
AQA Psychology
Edexcel Spanish

What is your favourite subject? It's actuallyyyyy pe?! but people look down on it too much for me to take it for a-level

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? Staying at my school :gah:

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? Terrified!!

Any hobbies or interests? Swimming, skiing

What are you looking forward to the most? More freedom

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here: Coming soon :getmecoat:

I learned from the best :yep:

Maybe do a sport as an extracurricular this year? It'll keep you happy AND you can put it down on applications. :dontknow:
What's your name? You can call me Panda

How did you find the GCSE experience? If all my exams were from the 2018 series I would’ve had amazing grades but they weren’t so I feel like I could’ve done better.

I’m probably having AQA for all my subjects
A-Level Chemistry
A-level Biology
A-Level Psychology
A-level Computer Science
EPQ

What is your favourite subject? Computer Science and Chemistry

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new? Going to a new school

Your initial feelings about starting Year 12? Really excited :smile:

Any hobbies or interests? Tbh any kind of drama ( Korean, Chinese etc), Drawing/painting and Gaming

What are you looking forward to the most? In year 13 my school has a trip to go to a sister school in China, so I’m pretty excited for that. I’m also looking forward to doing robotics and obviously making friends.

If you have a GYG* blog, link it here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6111190

Edit: Added EPQ and GYG
(edited 4 years ago)
What’s your name?
Alice!

How did you find the GCSE experience?
Honestly, considering the year that I had, it was stressful but I’m really proud of what I achieved.

What A-Levels are you taking?
Edexcel English Literature & Language
AQA History
AQA French
EPQ

What is your favourite subject?
Probably English Lit!

Have you stayed on at your school or are you going somewhere new?
I’m staying on to go to the sixth form at my current school!

Your initial feelings about Year 12:
I’m nervous but I know that I need to work way harder than I did for my GCSEs. I’m also excited because I’m going to have frees!
Any hobbies or interests?
I love Netflix (there’s a surprise :s-smilie:), Shawn Mendes (:colondollar:), music (concerts are one of my favourite things ever! Live music has my entire heart :heart:), and exploring new places! I’m also obsessed with taking photos... my Instagram is my little creative outlet!

What are you looking forward to most?
Not ever having to do maths again! I’m really looking forward to the subjects I’ve chosen and the kitchen in the common room :tongue:

We’ve got this guys!
Original post by alice03x
What’s your name?
Alice!

Honestly, considering the year that I had, it was stressful but I’m really proud of what I achieved.

Edexcel English Literature & Language
AQA History
AQA French
EPQ

Probably English Lit!

I’m staying on to go to the sixth form at my current school!

I’m nervous but I know that I need to work way harder than I did for my GCSEs. I’m also excited because I’m going to have frees!
I love Netflix (there’s a surprise :s-smilie:), Shawn Mendes (:colondollar:), music (concerts are one of my favourite things ever! Live music has my entire heart :heart:), and exploring new places! I’m also obsessed with taking photos... my Instagram is my little creative outlet!

Not ever having to do maths again! I’m really looking forward to the subjects I’ve chosen and the kitchen in the common room :tongue:

We’ve got this guys!

English Lit gang :five:
I think I'll be with OCR but at least we'll share our love of English Lit :lol:
Hello!! I’m Hannah :smile:

For A-Level I’ll be studying:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Core maths (apparently I have to do it for physics..))

In the future, I’d like to study medicine and I’m excited!!
No revision for A-level yet. What stationary equipment should I get for A-level maths, Chemistry and Physics I want to do medicine but I don't want to do physics or biology I was thinking of something like business. I definitely want to do A-level maths and Chem but what other option should I do in order to do medicine. Plus what equipment should be needed.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
No revision for A-level yet. What stationary equipment should I get for A-level maths, Chemistry and Physics I want to do medicine but I don't want to do physics or biology I was thinking of something like business. I definitely want to do A-level maths and Chem but what other option should I do in order to do medicine. Plus what equipment should be needed.

Business would be OK, but it would be easier to go down the finance/business route with that set of 3. Biology would strengthen your case for Medicine, imo. Then again, check with unis you're looking to apply to and see if Biology is a requirement for med. If not, go with Business!

In terms of stationary, your standard pencil case, probably. Maybe an A-Level Maths set too? I think you need more equipment to do the special stuff you guys do at A-Level. :yep:
Reply 51
I finished year 13. I’m off to uni
Original post by IDOZ
I finished year 13. I’m off to uni

Congratulations! Where and what course?
@jduxie4414 > It's here!

@chibibotto > Hello :colone:
Oh my gosh we're the new year 12
^ The above was all in caps lock but TSR changed it
Original post by RazzzBerries
@jduxie4414 > It's here!

@chibibotto > Hello :colone:

Wohey , thank you!
Original post by chibibotto
Oh my gosh we're the new year 12

Original post by chibibotto
^ The above was all in caps lock but TSR changed it

It's a glitch dw :lol:

And:

Original post by jduxie4414
Wohey , thank you!

No probs :wink:
Reply 58
What’s your name?
Kajal

vvv stressful but i'm happy with the outcome

aqa psychology
aqa history
ocr chemistry
EPQ

history

staying for sixth form at my school

tbh i'm dreading the step up from gcses and i am hoping i'll be able to cope with all the new pressure, but i am also excited for the extra independence

i enjoy baking and cooking, football (watching not playing lol) and listening to music. i love going to gigs and festivals

the independence and trips abroad
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003

Biology is required pretty much everywhere for medicine

Latest