The Student Room Group

NCS Regional Youth Board

Hi everyone,
I’ve applied to the NCS regional youth board and I was just wondering if anyone knows when you find out whether you’ve been accepted or not. Hope everyone’s having a great summer!

Scroll to see replies

did you first do the local youth board?
Reply 2
Hi! I’m glad you applied for the Regional Youth Board, I did it last year and it was really good! I found out around late September (by that time I completely forgot that I applied). We had a one-week residential programme called Kickstart in the autumn half-term - make sure you go because it’s the best part of being on the Regional Youth Board! I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions! I’m currently on the National Youth Board if that helps xxx
Original post by Zaxra
Hi! I’m glad you applied for the Regional Youth Board, I did it last year and it was really good! I found out around late September (by that time I completely forgot that I applied). We had a one-week residential programme called Kickstart in the autumn half-term - make sure you go because it’s the best part of being on the Regional Youth Board! I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions! I’m currently on the National Youth Board if that helps xxx

That sounds like do much fun! I've applied this v year as well. I probably will have loads of questions but first let me see if I get into it. Fingers crossed🤞🏾🤞🏾
Reply 4
Original post by wizkid44
did you first do the local youth board?

Yeah, I’m currently on local. You? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zaxra

Thank you so much!! I can’t wait to hear back ahaha xx
Original post by Cerysllo
Yeah, I’m currently on local. You? :smile:

Yeah I got voted into local a few weeks ago, our first meeting is on the 14th! What does it even entail? Do you enjoy it? I applied fo rthe regional as well!
Reply 7
Yeah I got voted into local a few weeks ago, our first meeting is on the 14th! What does it even entail? Do you enjoy it? I applied fo rthe regional as well!

I’m just starting out as well, sorry for the confusion! I meant for this year. I’m so excited! Pm me if you want! :h:
Reply 8
That sounds like do much fun! I've applied this v year as well. I probably will have loads of questions but first let me see if I get into it. Fingers crossed🤞🏾🤞🏾

Good luck!!
Reply 9
Original post by Cerysllo
Thank you so much!! I can’t wait to hear back ahaha xx

I'm sure you'll get in! xx
hiya,i got accepted - you get an email (i just got an email today for it) hope that helps you :smile:
Do you get an email if you aren’t accepted?
Original post by Pikachu727
Do you get an email if you aren’t accepted?

You will get an email about it, I’m one of the people who’s been shortlisting for Regional Youth Board and from what I’ve seen, it’ll take few weeks for you to get an email about it.

Some regions may had not a lot of people to shortlist so they just selected people very quickly, but regions like Yorkshire and Humberside have got about 300+ people that have applied and it takes a lot of time to select the right people.

If I’m not mistaken, the deadline is around next week or so.
Hi, just got an email now! I got accepted! Only problem is that kickstart doesn't coincide with my school half term. Is it worth it taking a week off from a-levels for it (i do maths, further maths, physics and computing and have 4*65 minute lessons a week per subject so a lot of learning time missed out on and a lot of catch up)

So what do you think I should do guys?
Hi, just got an email now! I got accepted! Only problem is that kickstart doesn't coincide with my school half term. Is it worth it taking a week off from a-levels for it (i do maths, further maths, physics and computing and have 4*65 minute lessons a week per subject so a lot of learning time missed out on and a lot of catch up)

So what do you think I should do guys?

Congratulations!! My mates’ friend also made it onto Kickstart! I’ve honestly done Kickstart 2 years ago now and I would recommend getting that time off.

I’d advice that you email the NCS Trust to give you a letter that you can hand in to college to get that time excused. That times counts as your volunteering hours as well which you have to do during your college time.
Original post by amyheran
hiya,i got accepted - you get an email (i just got an email today for it) hope that helps you :smile:

Well done!! 😃I got accepted too! What region are you from? x
I got onto the reserve list :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Pikachu727
I got onto the reserve list :frown:

I am too. Does anyone know from previous years how likely I will get a place?
Hi guys,
I'm on the National Youth Board and I know quite a few people who were reserves for kickstart and got a place so don't lose hope just yet.
Just lemme know if you have any more questions :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by katiel2_01
Hi guys,
I'm on the National Youth Board and I know quite a few people who were reserves for kickstart so don't lose hope just yet.
Just lemme know if you have any more questions :smile:

Thanks this makes me feel more hopeful! I rly want to get on!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending