The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pericardium
I phoned up admissions yesterday to enquire about this. Apparently the WP flag and the contextual offer only result in a lower A level grade of AAB.

Yes, some places just make lower offers for WP applicants, some have lower requirements for an interview. It can be a bit of a minefield
Hey guys, would a score of 47/56 be enough to get an interview? Does anyone know the cut off for last year? :smile:
Original post by Meduser
Hey guys, would a score of 47/56 be enough to get an interview? Does anyone know the cut off for last year? :smile:

Last years cutoff was 45 but may go up this year due to no more ps scoring
Original post by Sososnake

According to a FOI shared by @GANFYD last years cutoff was 50/56 for an interview
Reply 44
Original post by Meduser

According to a FOI shared by @GANFYD last years cutoff was 50/56 for an interview

Part of the problem is the "last year" and what people take that to mean. For med schools, "last year" at the minute is 2018 entry (when the cut off for progressing to PS assessment was 45) and 2019 is their current cycle (when Nottingham dropped PS and cut off was apparently 50). I think many people on here mean last year as 2019 and this year as 2020 entry.
That will obviously change when the terms have all started
Original post by Polkadot2018
Pretty gutted. 😥Nottingham my first choice and now not an option. The way they score UCAT means that even with decent UCAT (757 -SJT2) I only score 48 as I also lose point for GCSE’s, and for 2019 entry the cut off for non contextual was 50. Back to the drawing board with regard choices. Currently looking at Newcastle, Bristol and either Cambridge or Exeter. Plan to check out Sheffield, Liverpool and possibly Manchester now. Soooooooo disappointed.....

Same I score 48 or 49, gutted
Where else are you considering?

Sheffield and Cambridge
Would be really interested to hear whether any non-contextual applicants who successful gaining interview this round (for entry 2019) with score of less than 50/56? Really confused as seeing lots of folk with scores of 45-48 here who have been successful (some identify as non-contextual applicants) yet FOI shows cut off for 2018 was 52 and for 2019 cut off was 50. Nottingham was my first choice for 2020 entry, totally loved the place and people I met on Open Day, but I only score 48/56 as I lose a point for GCSE's, 2 points for only having SJT2 and although average UCAT score is 757 the way the bandings work for different sections just don't optimise my score. So gutted!

I’m pretty sure the 50 quoted on other threads includes the PS score. 2019 entry still scored it. Hopefully earlier contributors to this thread can help clarify it.
Sheffield and Cambridge

🤪 Same now! When you taking BMAT?
🤪 Same now! When you taking BMAT?

October
Reply 50
I don’t think so. I’ve been over this thread and it seems the 45-49 scores were Pathway applicants etc. The posters who received interviews seemed to be getting 50/51 scores etc. The SJT2 cost me dearly. But tbh, even if I’d scored a band 1 I’d still only have just met last years threshold. Just can’t afford the risk when I can apply to UCAT heavy uni’s with greater certainty and places which credit A* predictions such as Cambridge and Exeter. Sad though still 😥

Hi there, 2019 application cycle score was 47 before personal statement; interviewed and received an offer, non-contextual applicant. Hope that this helps.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi @Polkadot2018, I was non contextual, scored 47 before ps, average UKCAT and secured a place.
Original post by Crazy26
Hi guys!
I have a score of 46/56 for GCSEs and ukcat, do I have a chance of progressing to the second stage where personal statements are assessed? Plssssssss help!! :smile:

Is Nottingham UCAT heavy? In saw somewhere on their website that both gcse and ucat make up points and only people with the highest amount of points get an interview. Is this true? And does anyone happen to know what the cutoff score for this would be?

[edit- never mind only realised that people are already discussing it here
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SanityGone
Notts, Kings, Sheffield, Bristol. Might change Bristol though.

My stats are
GCSE 6xA*, 4xA, 2xB
A level predicted 3xA*
UKCAT 720/ band 1

how about you?

Woah your ucat is absolutely amazing. I’m sitting mine in about a week and a half. How much ucat prep did you do, if you don’t mind me asking? I have no hopes of getting above 650
Original post by Anna191817
Woah your ucat is absolutely amazing. I’m sitting mine in about a week and a half. How much ucat prep did you do, if you don’t mind me asking? I have no hopes of getting above 650

Hi,

i literally just used medify. It was so helpful doing the timed tests.

I did change my mind and not apply to Bristol in the end. I went to the imperial open day with a friend and loved it, so decided to take a gamble and sit the BMAT. I did better than I thought and got an interview then an offer (A*AA). I had an offer for Sheffield, Nottingham offered me Lincoln and kings put me on a waiting list. I firmed imperial, insured Sheffield, withdrew from Nottingham as I didn’t want to go to Lincoln, and withdrew from kings - I wanted to make my decisions so I could get on with revision.

On results day I got A*A*A* and I’m packing for imperial 😊
This is for 2019 entry? So did they score the personal statement last year?
Original post by Ems6
Hi there, 2019 application cycle score was 47 before personal statement; interviewed and received an offer, non-contextual applicant. Hope that this helps.

Original post by Splishsplash
Hi @Polkadot2018, I was non contextual, scored 47 before ps, average UKCAT and secured a place.

Blimey! I’m so confused. Just spoke to Nottingham to try to establish whether threshold score 50 from FOI for last year was out of the 56 (GCSE/UCAT Max). Was on phone some time talking to couple of people who really nice and tried to be helpful but bottom line is with my score (48) should def go for it. Apparently 50 score last year may have been based on different criteria to what we will be using for 2020 entry as some suggestion PS could have factored in there. Person I spoke to suggested I do a FOI to get clear breakdown to be sure.
(edited 4 years ago)

Hey @Sososnake yeah 2019 entry. It was the last year PS was scored.
Original post by Ems6

Would be great if you can shed light on what the ‘50’ cut off threshold score for 2019 as stated in recent FOI document is made up of? Can you remember what points PS was worth last year when/if it was calculated in to decide cut off score for interviews? Some people telling me it was 50/56 for ucat/gcse’s but I’ve also heard this may not have been the case.
Original post by Splishsplash
Hey @Sososnake yeah 2019 entry. It was the last year PS was scored.

How certain are you? I score 48/49 at the moment

Latest

Trending

Trending