The Student Room Group

Razzz Ripens Her Grades: A Year 12 Challenge

Welcome to my Year 12 GYG!

[scrollr]hErE wE Go aGaiN :nyan:[/scrollr]

Hi everyone, my name is RazzzBerries (or Razzz, for short)! I’m 16 years old and just about to embark on my A-Level journey, starting with Year 12 which begins on Wednesday. Thanks to the new reforms (insert sarcastic *yay* here), my courses are linear which means I’ve not got any AS exams. Instead, I will sit mock exams sometime in the summer term, which my teachers will use to make predicted grades with and I’ll need to send off to any universities I’m applying to. :woo:

On top of my A-Levels, this year will be pretty crazy because I’m also doing extra-curriculars such as my bronze DofE and ABRSM Grade 6 Piano exams which will hopefully strengthen my case and possibly bag me UCAS points in the progress. Also, the career path I’m interested in is Law, which means I’ll have to sit the LNAT (Law National Admissions Test) in early Year 13, which means prep for that needs to start soon! :dumbells:

Spoiler

My A-Levels :gah: :

Spoiler

Future Plans :moon: :

Spoiler

Hobbies & Interests :u: :

Spoiler

My other blogs on TSR :h: :

Spoiler

My Official Posts :godancing::
OFFICIAL POST #1 - Preparing for the impending d̶o̶o̶m̶ (no, resume) of my student life
OFFICIAL POST #2 - The night before...
OFFICIAL POST #3 - My first week(ish) as a sixth former!
OFFICIAL POST #4 - Getting stuck in (literally)
OFFICIAL POST #5 - I'm back (*sheepish grin*) and my 2019 review!
OFFICIAL POST #6 - Brief life update
OFFICIAL POST #7 - The closing chapter...for now! **NEW**

In this little corner of the internet, I’ll blog my insane academic journey, as well as what I might get up to in between stuDYING, in a variety of posts (which may or may not turn into rants as the year progresses). If you’d like to be tagged (and for the life of me, I really don’t know why you would :lol: ), just let me know and I’ll add you to my tag list.

Also, I want to give a quick shoutout to @8472 , @nyxnko_ and @The_Lonely_Goatherd for helping me come up with this title. I literally could not come up with anything this summer and these guys delivered practically on the spot when I ran out of creative juices :lol:. I kinda mish-mash-moshed their ideas to create this one and I love it! Thanks guys! :hugs:

OK, that was a long OP :giggle:.

I hope you’ll enjoy this GYG as I will making it! :heart:
Razzz x
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

woooop can’t wait!
yayyyy we love Razzz I recently made a Year 11 GYG :smile: best of luck for year 12 xo
Reply 3
:woo::woo::woo:

All the best for year 12! :biggrin:
Original post by SmartUnicorn
yayyyy we love Razzz I recently made a Year 11 GYG :smile: best of luck for year 12 xo

Original post by mez_merising
woooop can’t wait!

Damnnn you lot are quick! :lol:
Thanks for the support guys :hugs:

@SmartUnicorn, tag me in! Also, Mez, do the same if you're doing one too! :woo:

Original post by 8472
:woo::woo::woo:

All the best for year 12! :biggrin:

Thank you! You also get a shoutout for helping through #technicaldifficulties :lol: :hugs:
best of luck for year 12!!!! :hugs: :crazy:
Original post by Chronoscope
best of luck for year 12!!!! :hugs: :crazy:

Thank you so much Chrono! :jumphug:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Thank you so much Chrono! :jumphug:

:penguinhug:
Pikachuu :pika:
Good luck! What uni is your top preference for Law?
:heart:
Interested in following the Grow Your Grades forums this year; are you doing tags?
TAGGITY TAG TAGS:

Tagging everyone who posted in last years' thread as promised. I'm creating a new list this year so please comment and let me know if you'd like to stay tagged (I won't put you on the new one unless you tell me to because I don't want to spam people who didn't want to be on it :lol:, so lmk!) x

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by SlightlySummer
Good luck! What uni is your top preference for Law?

Oooh that's a toughie! I haven't put much thought into unis except I'd prefer a Russell Group one. Cambridge has been a dream of mine, but I think I also need to start thinking more practically as well. Will be thinking about this throughout the year and might talk about it in my updates. :yep: x

Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
:heart:

:cube:
(edited 4 years ago)
TAGGITY TAG TAGS:

Tagging everyone who posted in last years' thread as promised. I'm creating a new list this year so please comment and let me know if you'd like to stay tagged (I won't put you on the new one because I don't want to spam people who didn't want to be on it :lol:, so lmk!) x

Spoiler

Yepp, tag me!
TAGGITY TAG TAGS:

Tagging everyone who posted in last years' thread as promised. I'm creating a new list this year so please comment and let me know if you'd like to stay tagged (I won't put you on the new one because I don't want to spam people who didn't want to be on it :lol:, so lmk!) x

what kind of question is this?!?! of course i want to be tagged 😊
Let the journey commence please tag me
Original post by Strelzo
Interested in following the Grow Your Grades forums this year; are you doing tags?

Yes I am, would you like one? :colone:

Original post by SlightlySummer
Yepp, tag me!

Cool beanos :woo:

Original post by sqrt of 5
what kind of question is this?!?! of course i want to be tagged 😊

Had to make sure I'm not being an annoying bean :rofl:
You'll be on it x
Yes I am, would you like one? :colone:

:yep:
Reply 18
Yay! Tag me in all your updates, can’t wait to see how you get on! I’m just preparing for my admissions test now and I sit on it in less than a month’s time :frown:
Reply 19
Ver nice
and the title too :sly:
I'll put it in watched threads, but if it keeps bugging out and un-watching it then I'll ask for a tag

Quick Reply

Latest