The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am applying as a graduate applicant for second time for Dentistry with achieved 1st in Biomed with UCAT 2360 and band 4 in SJT.
Do you think I stand a chance for Aberdeen A201?
Does anyone have any info regarding Aberdeen school (e.g. clinical placements, exams and lectures)?
Thanks a lot for any help.
Original post by TheMolarBear
@Puddles the Monkey

Hi there! Is there anyone here applying to Graduate Entry dentistry this year? :smile:

I love your username :rofl:

I'll add this thread to the list and I've moved it to dentistry :h:
Is anyone thinking of applying to UCLAN?
Original post by Sara1498
Is anyone thinking of applying to UCLAN?

I’m planning to apply to UCLan! Afraid I don’t know anything about Aberdeen though. Where did you apply to first time round? Good luck!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I love your username :rofl:

I'll add this thread to the list and I've moved it to dentistry :h:

Thank you!!☺️
I’m planning to apply to UCLan! Afraid I don’t know anything about Aberdeen though. Where did you apply to first time round? Good luck!

Hi!
Last year I applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow and QUB all 5-year programs but my UKCAT was very low (2350 overall) and predicted 1st.
This year, I got a similar score (2360) and have achieved 1st.
What about you where are you thinking of applying?
I might put two graduate programs and two undergrad.
Well done on
Hi!
Last year I applied to Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow and QUB all 5-year programs but my UKCAT was very low (2350 overall) and predicted 1st.
This year, I got a similar score (2360) and have achieved 1st.
What about you where are you thinking of applying?
I might put two graduate programs and two undergrad.

Well done on getting your first! I can only apply for graduate entry programmes due to funding. Currently just planning to apply to UCLan but possibly Kings and Aberdeen too. Where are you going to apply this year?
Well done on

Well done on getting your first! I can only apply for graduate entry programmes due to funding. Currently just planning to apply to UCLan but possibly Kings and Aberdeen too. Where are you going to apply this year?

Thank you very much!!
I am thinking of applying to UCLAN, Aberdeen, QUB and either Bristol/Cardiff.
Did you complete your degree too or are you applying with predicted grade? I am thinking of doing a master's as well this year in Nutrition and Food Science but don't know if unis will count it as well.
Thank you very much!!
I am thinking of applying to UCLAN, Aberdeen, QUB and either Bristol/Cardiff.
Did you complete your degree too or are you applying with predicted grade? I am thinking of doing a master's as well this year in Nutrition and Food Science but don't know if unis will count it as well.

Ahh very good. That’s exciting about your masters too! Where will you do that? I graduated from Oral Health Sciences in 2016 so I’ve been working as a dental therapist for 3 years ☺️
Ahh very good. That’s exciting about your masters too! Where will you do that? I graduated from Oral Health Sciences in 2016 so I’ve been working as a dental therapist for 3 years ☺️

This is so nice that you get to work as well in the meantime!
I will do my Masters at Reading uni this year.
In which uni did you do your undergrad? I did Biomed at Southampton.
This is so nice that you get to work as well in the meantime!
I will do my Masters at Reading uni this year.
In which uni did you do your undergrad? I did Biomed at Southampton.

Yeah it’s definitely great experience and I enjoy it! Oh how exciting. I went to Edinburgh for undergrad. Have you got your personal statement done? Not long til applications open, its come around so quickly!
Yeah it’s definitely great experience and I enjoy it! Oh how exciting. I went to Edinburgh for undergrad. Have you got your personal statement done? Not long til applications open, its come around so quickly!

I finished my personal statement ten days ago but don't know if I should apply to Aberdeen cause although it is a graduate course and its UCAT score is not so high compared to the other unis, Aberdeen is quite far from Southampton and the clinical placements take place in Elgin and Stornoway (north island) which I don't prefer. However, if I don't choose Aberdeen, means that the only graduate dental schools without paying fees would be UCLAN.
Which schools are you thinking of applying and what was your UCAT score overall?
I finished my personal statement ten days ago but don't know if I should apply to Aberdeen cause although it is a graduate course and its UCAT score is not so high compared to the other unis, Aberdeen is quite far from Southampton and the clinical placements take place in Elgin and Stornoway (north island) which I don't prefer. However, if I don't choose Aberdeen, means that the only graduate dental schools without paying fees would be UCLAN.
Which schools are you thinking of applying and what was your UCAT score overall?

Sending you a PM ☺️☺️
Just replied to you as well.:smile:
Just replied to you as well.:smile:

We have till 15th of October don’t rush sending application yet tbh. My ucat exam is on 2nd of October and I’m doing my statement after it
Original post by Alihu1207
We have till 15th of October don’t rush sending application yet tbh. My ucat exam is on 2nd of October and I’m doing my statement after it

Yeah plenty of time! Where are you applying to? ☺️
Yeah plenty of time! Where are you applying to? ☺️

Undergraduate dentistry to Dundee, Plymouth, Manchester and Bristol.
Original post by Alihu1207
Undergraduate dentistry to Dundee, Plymouth, Manchester and Bristol.

Good luck!
Reply 19
Hi, I am also reapplying for Graduate entry at UCLAN this year. Good luck everyone

Latest