The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Remark 2019

I was 3 marks off a 4 in my gsce maths and the school sent it for remark. Does anyone if there is a chance I could get the 4 needed so I don't have to resist. Is there any chance? Has anyone been in this situation and been successful? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

remarks will usually lower your mark, unlikely the examiner missed out 3 marks but you can try, resitting will be the best option - and getting a higher grade (5)
Reply 2
Original post by KatieM1834
I was 3 marks off a 4 in my gsce maths and the school sent it for remark. Does anyone if there is a chance I could get the 4 needed so I don't have to resist. Is there any chance? Has anyone been in this situation and been successful? Thanks

Mine was send off yesterday I was one mark off but I was warned it could go down but my teacher still thought it was worth a shot 🙏🏼
I need a 7 to get into the university I want but I was 2 marks off. My tutors sent it to get remarked so I’m praying I’ll go up, otherwise I may retake in November if they allow it. I’m aware the marks can go down but due to being on the border, I seriously doubt any of us would go down a grade. Can you let me know when you get your remarks back?? 😊 Good luck x
I was 4 Marks away from getting 100% in maths should I get it remarked? 🤔
Reply 5
Original post by lauren2451
I need a 7 to get into the university I want but I was 2 marks off. My tutors sent it to get remarked so I’m praying I’ll go up, otherwise I may retake in November if they allow it. I’m aware the marks can go down but due to being on the border, I seriously doubt any of us would go down a grade. Can you let me know when you get your remarks back?? 😊 Good luck x

Thanks your right I doubt we will go down. I will let you know. Also let me know about you. Good luck x
Reply 6

I will let u know also 😊 good luck to you both def keep us posted how u get on
Original post by .unknown
I was 4 Marks away from getting 100% in maths should I get it remarked? 🤔

...no
I just received my AQA maths remark results!! I was originally four marks off of a 6 and my teacher just emailed me my remark results and they increased my marks by 5 so I got the 6!! I’m so happy 😊 Good luck to all you guys!!
Reply 9
Original post by hairypottertoe
I just received my AQA maths remark results!! I was originally four marks off of a 6 and my teacher just emailed me my remark results and they increased my marks by 5 so I got the 6!! I’m so happy 😊 Good luck to all you guys!!

Aww that’s fantastic news well done! When was yours sent off? 😊
Original post by Ymf
Aww that’s fantastic news well done! When was yours sent off? 😊

On results day, so August 22nd :smile:
Reply 11
On results day, so August 22nd :smile:

Thanks 😊 I’m sure u are delighted 🎉

omg congrats!! i’m assuming you sent it priority? and i need to pick up 2 marks so this is giving me hope haha
omg congrats!! i’m assuming you sent it priority? and i need to pick up 2 marks so this is giving me hope haha

I don’t think so. I just signed some papers and my teacher sent it off for me. He said it could take up to 15 days, is that priority? And good luck
Original post by Ymf
Thanks 😊 I’m sure u are delighted 🎉

when did you submit yours? i hope we hear back soon haha
I don’t think so. I just signed some papers and my teacher sent it off for me. He said it could take up to 15 days, is that priority? And good luck

yes that’s priority!! and thank you so much
Reply 16
Original post by TheRealSaifali
remarks will usually lower your mark, unlikely the examiner missed out 3 marks but you can try, resitting will be the best option - and getting a higher grade (5)

This is not true. Last year roughly twice as many reviews resulted in increased marks compared to decreased marks.
Reply 17

That’s great news :smile: Maths marks increasing by 5 is very rare.
Reply 18
when did you submit yours? i hope we hear back soon haha

Mine was only send on Tuesday what about u? I need one mark 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Original post by Notnek
That’s great news :smile: Maths marks increasing by 5 is very rare.

I thought that at first but if you check the news, there’s actually a large number of papers that AQA marked incorrectly, I think it was 1 in 5?

Quick Reply

Latest