The Student Room Group

Applied for Provisional driving license, need help

Just applied for my provisional driving license online, filed out my passport number, National Insurance number etc. Received an email saying:

"Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks."

What exactly could this mean? And what type of return form will they send me?
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s a simple form where you have to sign in a box and attach an appropriate passport style picture of yourself even if you gave them access to your passport photo. The photo needs to have the back of it signed by someone with a recognised profession (you can find a list of these on the gov.com website) who has known you for a set amount of time (I think 2 years). You have 21 days to send this off, you have to postage stamp it yourself, and once you’ve sent it back, if everything is correct you should receive your provisional within 3 weeks
Original post by riekeleah
It’s a simple form where you have to sign in a box and attach an appropriate passport style picture of yourself even if you gave them access to your passport photo. The photo needs to have the back of it signed by someone with a recognised profession (you can find a list of these on the gov.com website) who has known you for a set amount of time (I think 2 years). You have 21 days to send this off, you have to postage stamp it yourself, and once you’ve sent it back, if everything is correct you should receive your provisional within 3 weeks

Thank you so much.

I have a appropriate passport style picture of myself on my iPad lol (currently use it for my student ID card for uni) so would I need to go to the post office in order for them to print the photo out for me so it has that specific photograph texture (like cardboard thingy) in order for someone to sign it?

And will the form come with the address in order for me to return it? I did some research and found out DVLA is located in a city of Wales. I know the price to deliver it there is going to be expensive.
Original post by commentsection
Thank you so much.

I have a appropriate passport style picture of myself on my iPad lol (currently use it for my student ID card for uni) so would I need to go to the post office in order for them to print the photo out for me so it has that specific photograph texture (like cardboard thingy) in order for someone to sign it?

And will the form come with the address in order for me to return it? I did some research and found out DVLA is located in a city of Wales. I know the price to deliver it there is going to be expensive.

They send you an envelope to post it in. You just have to stamp it (1st/2nd class, I’d go 1st). And yes, I believe it has to be printed on photo paper, but you can get this done at most print shops, I’m not sure if post offices do this
What happens if I have lost the letter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending