The Student Room Group

Medical University Pleven 2019/20 (February)

This discussion is for those who will be taking medicine in Pleven MU. Feel free to stop by and say hi it will be highly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. Are u gna be starting Feb 2020?
Hi, I'm considering applying. Any thoughts ????
Reply 3
If you're 100% sure u wanna do Medicine than go 4 it
Original post by Ibs3344
If you're 100% sure u wanna do Medicine than go 4 it

I'm 100% sure about doing medicine but whilst researching the university there wasn't that much information on it regarding the structure of the programme and such. Also, I got really confused with the admission requirement; is 70% equivalent of a B and is 62% equivalent of a C and because I am from the UK we get our grades and not transcripts with marks on them. Also, are you a student there or applying this year? Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by laiba.2000
I'm 100% sure about doing medicine but whilst researching the university there wasn't that much information on it regarding the structure of the programme and such. Also, I got really confused with the admission requirement; is 70% equivalent of a B and is 62% equivalent of a C and because I am from the UK we get our grades and not transcripts with marks on them. Also, are you a student there or applying this year? Thanks

I was lucky in terms of finding out abt the uni as I had a relative who is currently in 3rd year, grades wise I'm not sure what percentage is equivalent to which grades but for. Pleven as long as u got C's in bio and chem as a minimum and get 50% or above in entrance exam u should get in, and I'm hoping to start in Feb 2020. Currently revising for entrance exam.
Original post by Ibs3344
Hi. Are u gna be starting Feb 2020?

Hi. Yes I have applied and I am just waiting for my approval letter. After which I'll start my visa process.

What about you?
Hi, I'm considering applying. Any thoughts ????

I have researched a lot about this university and tbh it is a great choice if you want to study medicine.
I did all the process all by myself. So just in case if u need any help I'm all ears.
Take care :smile:
Original post by khantaimur82
I have researched a lot about this university and tbh it is a great choice if you want to study medicine.
I did all the process all by myself. So just in case if u need any help I'm all ears.
Take care :smile:

Hi I emailed the university and they said that because I had BB in chem and Biology I am eligible and I just need to send them the application form along with a copy of my passport and the declaration. Also, because I'm not an EU citizen i don't think I have to sit the entrance exam.
Also, did you just email the university directly or did you do it through an agency and do you have an offer from Pleven. Thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by khantaimur82
Hi. Yes I have applied and I am just waiting for my approval letter. After which I'll start my visa process.

What about you?

Yh I got my conditional offer, now just need to do admissions exams and hopefully start in Feb, where are u from? I'm from the uk.
Original post by Ibs3344
Yh I got my conditional offer, now just need to do admissions exams and hopefully start in Feb, where are u from? I'm from the uk.

I do live in the Uk but I am not a citizen
Reply 11

I'm also not British, I'm dual national so tried to apply with my non European identity but since I had my education in the UK still have to do entrance exam (pretty easy anyway). As you're from the uk I suggest u look into medical doorway and unlike other agencies they don't charge you for their services.

Hi. I did all the process by myself. It wasn't difficult as I was in contact with the university and they helped me with the process.
Take care
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ibs3344

I'm from India. Here the scenario is a lot different from the UK and the competition is fierce 🙄
Original post by Ibs3344
I'm also not British, I'm dual national so tried to apply with my non European identity but since I had my education in the UK still have to do entrance exam (pretty easy anyway). As you're from the uk I suggest u look into medical doorway and unlike other agencies they don't charge you for their services.

i emailed the university telling them I had my education in the UK but they still consider me a non-eu citizen. Unlike you, I do not have dual citizenship and i am doing this through the medical doorway
Hi I emailed the university and they said that because I had BB in chem and Biology I am eligible and I just need to send them the application form along with a copy of my passport and the declaration. Also, because I'm not an EU citizen i don't think I have to sit the entrance exam.
Also, did you just email the university directly or did you do it through an agency and do you have an offer from Pleven. Thanks.

Yes I did got the admission certificate to which I replied back with a yes and now I'm just waiting for my approval letter. then I'll have to start my Visa process.
Reply 16
i emailed the university telling them I had my education in the UK but they still consider me a non-eu citizen. Unlike you, I do not have dual citizenship and i am doing this through the medical doorway

That's great for you than, u wont need to worry about the admissions exam, I guess for me it must have been the dual citizenship factor so I will have to do the admission exam anyway, not fussed tbh.
Hello, I applied for the Feb 2020 admission, received the conditional offer and now just revising for the entrance exam. Also I am from the UK
Hey guys, I am from the UK too. Received my conditional offer a few weeks ago and I'm revising for the entrance exam. I am going through an agency called medical doorway. Anyone else here from London?
Original post by Sobremesa
Hey guys, I am from the UK too. Received my conditional offer a few weeks ago and I'm revising for the entrance exam. I am going through an agency called medical doorway. Anyone else here from London?

Heyyy i’m from London too, going through medical doorway likewise yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending