The Student Room Group

I'm bready! Toastie's Year 13 gyg

Scroll to see replies

IM ABOARD WE GNA CRUSH YR 13 believe it ! so hyped and scared but hopefully i can get in the zone and focus from the gecko
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:woo: best of luck

Already love the title :heart:

May I be tagged :colondollar: ?

thank you:hugs:
i'll add you to the list now:smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
i hope you get some A's with stars too!!
good luck toastie, i'm rooting for you this year :smile:

:grouphugs: thanks:wink:
Original post by clouddbubbles
and obvssss i shouldn't have to say this - but tag meeeee!

ofc:thumbsup:
Original post by UrWelcome
IM ABOARD WE GNA CRUSH YR 13 believe it ! so hyped and scared but hopefully i can get in the zone and focus from the gecko

YES WE ARE:yep: i'm so excited and bricking it at the same time:biggrin: what are you studying?
Tag meeee!! so so excited to follow your journey toastie into the dark depths of yr 13 *gulp*:argh:
Know you're gonna smash it:hugs:
obviously i want to be tagged! i can't wait to see what you get up to! you're so going to smash it because you just will end of discussion :yep:
i have a feeling this gyg is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.. (i'm sorry it's the best i've got):colondollar:
also I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE IS THIS THE QUALITY I'VE BEEN MISSING??
Best of luck getting the As with stars! :rave:
Keep me tagged!
Following :ninja: Massive good luck to you! You've got this :rave:
Original post by troubletracking
Tag meeee!! so so excited to follow your journey toastie into the dark depths of yr 13 *gulp*:argh:
Know you're gonna smash it:hugs:

big eek:eek3: the same to you:grouphugs:
Original post by stalkingsilence
obviously i want to be tagged! i can't wait to see what you get up to! you're so going to smash it because you just will end of discussion :yep:
i have a feeling this gyg is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.. (i'm sorry it's the best i've got):colondollar:

will do:wink:
i'm definitely going to use that somewhere:giggle:
Original post by stalkingsilence
also I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE IS THIS THE QUALITY I'VE BEEN MISSING??

:laugh: yes
Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck getting the As with stars! :rave:
Keep me tagged!

thank you:loveduck: will do!
Original post by Lemur14
Following :ninja: Massive good luck to you! You've got this :rave:

thank you:wink:
(Can I be tagged?) Best of luck!!
Original post by keep_drowning
(Can I be tagged?) Best of luck!!

sure:smile: thank you!
day 1 (yesterday)
uhh so i arrived like five minutes before school and saw lots of friends which was lovely:gah: there were lots of hugs:grouphugs:, i'd really missed everyone.
then we had assembly in which they were like you're year 13 now (:eek:) and welcomed us back etc...
we had form (except as a whole house) where they checked part of the summer homework.
then break before a carousel of activities: one on wellbeing, one on ucas:hide:, one maths one:love: and one on getting our year 12 buddies:excited:
after lunch we went back to form rooms and met our buddies which was exciting, my buddy is lovely:grin: as a form we then did a treasure hunt quiz thing which was pretty difficult:lol:
after school i stayed and chatted with friends and had a chat with my head of year about stuff that happened over the summer:s-smilie:
and then i came home and slept:colondollar:
day 2 (today)
i had an extra hour before school today because i had a free first thing and year 13s get privileges apparently:woo: it was sooo nice getting a later train; it was so empty:biggrin:
i got to school a bit early though and ended up chatting to my old physics teacher (who i still owe some homework from last year:colondollar: but it wasn't mentioned so uhhh)
i had physics period two with a new teacher, we were watching summer homework presentations. mine didn't get chosen so i'll have to give it tomorrow:ahhhhh:
after break i had mechanics, we did some stuff on moments which confused me. i didn't really understand and i didn't know the teacher so i didn't ask for help, i'm going to try some more examples before the next lesson though:thumbsup:
then there was epq in which i decided i was not doing an epq because i don't want that extra stress in my life:laugh: so i've dropped it now (more frees hooray!)
after lunch we had an assembly about entrance exams to unis and then loads of people went to sit mock entrance exams but i haven't got to do any so i went home:smile:

now i'm going to start the physics homework i owe from ages ago:colondollar:. prep for the presentation tomorrow and think about doing the mechanics questions:dontknow:
toastie
05/09/19

Spoiler

Great to hear your first days back have been good :h:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Great to hear your first days back have been good :h:

:hugs:
:woo: sounds good!
So many assemblies :headfire:
Reply 35
The buddy system at a school actually worked? Impossible!
and yeah gotta love those y13 perks, some true flexing potential there

Moments are probably the trickiest thing to get learn in A-level maths mechanics. For questions involving equilibrium, the two main "principles" are 1) forces up = forces down and 2) moments CW = moments ACW. Takes a bit of practice and it's kind of easy to forget how to do it.
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: sounds good!
So many assemblies :headfire:

i know:dontknow: it's weird
Original post by Sinnoh
The buddy system at a school actually worked? Impossible!
and yeah gotta love those y13 perks, some true flexing potential there

Moments are probably the trickiest thing to get learn in A-level maths mechanics. For questions involving equilibrium, the two main "principles" are 1) forces up = forces down and 2) moments CW = moments ACW. Takes a bit of practice and it's kind of easy to forget how to do it.

i'm sure we'll all be avoiding our buddies by the end of next week:laugh: though they are in our forms so...no escape.
i know:gah: i seem to have multiple days where i get to go home early:woo:

ahhh that makes sense, i definitely need practice:biggrin: it's a bit weird to get my head around
Reply 38
I read the title with the pronunciation "I'm breedy" :facepalm2:
Hey, just wanted to say good luck for this year! I'm sure you'll do really well :smile:

Do you have any tips for doing well in maths? I find pure okay but mechanics & statistics trip me up a bit and I'm worried that these will bring my grade down.

Also what type of guitar do you play? I've been self-teaching acoustic for a while now and it's great :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending