The Student Room Group

securing the bag: a y12 gyg

ugh... school

Well, the back to school season has started ( edit: lol it's almost ended don't know what I'm on about): clothes have been ordered, stationary has been bought and soon enough ( circa 2021.) bags will be secured.

securing the bag (verb)
- to accomplish a goal

So, school starts in 3 days for me (cringing just thinking about how I'm going to have to learn maths for possibly 2 more years), so I thought that I might as well make a gyg like I did in y11, so I can complain about a-levels and also track how much studying I can fit in between my normal schedule of procrastination. :u:

Since I want to apply for medicine, I'll also be tracking how well my attempts at harassing doctors for work experience fares, uni open days (already been to two unis - KCL and UCL - this summer) as well as any extra/super - curriculars I do. :smile:

What I got up to this summer:
The highlight of my summer has been that I got a job in a clothing store last month working on weekends, soooo I'm going to have to be forcing myself to study after school at least 2x a week for the whole of September, which I am not looking forward to. Luckily, I'll be cutting one of those days at the end of September, depending on which day I find more valuable.

Uhhh, that's pretty much it.

I'm also moving to a new 6th form; hopefully, I'll settle in quickly.
On enrollment day (which was results day) , they made us sign up for a club and a sport - I chose photography (always been a hobby I've wanted to pick up) and gym training (I feel like atm I'm on an upward trajectory to becoming fat, so maybe this will slow things down :tongue:).

GCSE results:

Spoiler

A-level choices:

Spoiler

Goals for this y12

Spoiler

Not too sure if I'll be updating again today, as I've got a 10-6 shift, buuut my next update will probably be about doing my summer homework (which they gave us on results day....pretty much the end of summer :colonhash:) and what I've been doing to prepare for y12 (spoiler alert: not much).

So yeah, hope this year will be a good one. :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Heyy. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Obolinda
Heyy. Good luck!

thank you : )
wow congrats for your results! & success in getting a job bc I've been unemployed and a couch potato for the last three months. anyways, good luck for yr 12 (add me to taglist pls)
Reply 4
Original post by jadarose
wow congrats for your results! & success in getting a job bc I've been unemployed and a couch potato for the last three months. anyways, good luck for yr 12 (add me to taglist pls)

I'll tag and thank youu.
Outside of work trust meee, I am a seasoned couch potato - in terms of my job ( I know you didn't ask me how I got it, but I'm going to tell you anyways :h:) it was really just a matter of printing off my CV, going into clothing stores and asking if they had any vacancies, but if that doesn't/didn't work I'd recommend getting seasonal jobs.
Well done on your results. Good Luck this year
hey good luck with a levels, please tag me! 😘
Reply 7
Original post by jemima0103
Well done on your results. Good Luck this year

Original post by streetdude28
hey good luck with a levels, please tag me! 😘

thank you and i will :smile: - good luck with a levels too !
Best of luck! :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by laurawatt
Best of luck! :biggrin:

Original post by PaulinaCloudia

Spoiler

thank youu!
Reply 11
2/9/2019
-11:50 AM
Countdown till doomsday: 1 day

School starts tomorrow (can't believe I wasted yet another summer sleeping and eating :colonhash:) and I have yet to do my summer homework.
In my defence, I was given it quite late (results day), and I have little willpower to bring myself to do homework... uno...outside of term time.:colondollar:

What I've been doing to prepare for y12:

Uuuuh, not much.
See, the plan was to buy headstart to a level books for bio, chem and maths....but then my bank account just clearly didn't support my plans, soooo I told myself that I would do the transition work my old school gave me to do.

Now of course, as you might have gathered by now... I'm very lazy, so I didn't do that work either :clap2:

Agenda for today:
(lol don't mind me I'm having way too much fun with this formatting, I'll get bored of doing this after a few posts.)

* Complete summer homework
--For Biology it's doing Cornell notes on Cells and Biological Molecules.
---For Philosophy, I have to read an article on palm oil and it's environmental effects.
---- I wasn't given any homework for my other subjects, but I might do some transition work that my old school gave us to do.
* Impatiently await my ASOS delivery for my school bag and hoop earrings that probably don't meet the school's dress code :h:
--Okay, storytime - I originally wanted a kanken bag (the No. 2 one that has a pocket for a 15' laptop, so I don't have to haul my intensely ugly flower backpack around whenever I bop to the library), buuuut I'm broke, so I found a website that sold it for £20 during an apparent sale, but then I said w a i t a s e c :s-smilie: ....this doesn't look right.
So I had a peek at their return policy and saw that they don't do returns or exchanges for sale items at all (red flag #1)
When I searched their return address, it wasn't valid (or at least in the way they formatted it wasn't) (red flag #2) and final red flag #3 was that their URL said UKBACKPACKSHOP ..... but they're actually a Chinese company according to their return address (????) and none of their social media links checked out (well...that's an additional red flag #4, I guess).
So long story short, I ended up looking on ASOS for a scandi-style backpack and found one that looking at the measurements now sounds way too big, but oh well.

So yeah, not much to do today, as I already got most of what I need for sixth form last week.

Also, I've been watching a bunch of sixth form "day in my life", hauls, etc. and I feel like my stationary is severely deprived of colour (wherefore art thou neon post-it notes ?? :K:), compared to other people's but oh well....I kinda gave up on AeStHeTiC stuff when I drained my bank account in preparation for GCSEs (and funnily enough I didn't even use most of the stuff I bought:erm:).

I'll probably update again tomorrow on my first day of ̶s̶̶c̶̶h̶̶o̶̶o̶̶l̶ sixth form (feels like I'm starting year 7 all over again :tongue:).

taglist :
(starting out with a new taglist, but if anyone wants to be added, let me know.)

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
can relate to the stationary thing! :lol:
I've watched so many sixth form advice videos it's unreal :lol:
Reply 14
update:

The ASOS delivery came a few hours ago and i-

words cannot describe how awful the material is in real life

brb I'm calling the fashion police.

ahaa no but for real, I'm returning this monstrosity,
the fabric is much less sturdy than I thought it would be, which is just chronic back pain waiting to happen.

I got a bit desperate and ripped off parts of a shoebox and put it at the bottom of the bag to create a solid base for my stuff, but the bag itself is just not giving me good vibes,

so back to ASOS you go boo :h: :colonhash:

taglist :

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
What's going on ASOS?!😂

Spoiler

Reply 16
Just a friendly 1st year uni student passing through :smile:
Good luck! Tag me please?
Please tag me - I'm doing bio, chem and maths too! x
Reply 19
Original post by Obolinda
What's going on ASOS?!😂

Spoiler

ASOS are 419'ers :^_^: ... with that being said the new replacement bag I got from there has proven to be pretty good though, though protip: carefully -and sis.. I mean carefully- inspect the product images because the dodgy editing they use to make the product look better than it is in real life is no joke.

and thank youuuuu.
Original post by tbofig
Just a friendly 1st year uni student passing through :smile:

Join the gyg squad dude :dancing:
what course are you studying?
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Good luck! Tag me please?

yasss
Original post by studyingpeach
Please tag me - I'm doing bio, chem and maths too! x

I shall, and how are you finding maths so far?

I am hating it so much
- my teachers don't actually teach us the content they just give us exercises to go through (how can you do a question if you don't even know what the question wants you to fricken do ?!?!? ) and to make matters worse

, they're as confused as we are when it comes to questions we find hard. :colonhash:

I-

I can just see that a* floating away from me, man

*sigh*

TL;DR - send help lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending