The Student Room Group

Is Kpop popular in the UK

Is Kpop considered popular in the Uk because I know that it is in America, and if it is, what groups do people here like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's not as known or popular as it is in the US but people are much more aware compared to five years ago and the people who know about kpop are typically teenagers or young adults mostly. Also, it barely gets as much news coverage as it does in america I personally like BTS and the majority of people who know about kpop probably stan them and girl group wise would stan blackpink. But groups such as NCT have following as well i guess. hope this helps!
Reply 2
Sounds ****. What does the K stand for
No one over the age of 25 will have heard of it
I'm over the age of 25 and have heard of it - the best type of music I've ever listened to ... BTS and DAY6 are my favourite bands. DEAN is my favourite KRnB singer.
Reply 5
Original post by 21ForEva
I'm over the age of 25 and have heard of it - the best type of music I've ever listened to ... BTS and DAY6 are my favourite bands. DEAN is my favourite KRnB singer.

Oof finally someone else likes Day6, I feel like people sleep on them too much 😩😩😩
Reply 6
Day6 is probably the best band EVER. People do sleep on them too much
Reply 7
Original post by Elishaa02
Day6 is probably the best band EVER. People do sleep on them too much

IKR!!! They deserve more recognition
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _i.xxy
Oof finally someone else likes Day6, I feel like people sleep on them too much 😩😩😩

They’re amazing! I saw them in London in January .... they got another tour so gonna try and snag some tickets again hehe. Favourite song: when you love someone . You??
Original post by _i.xxy

Yesss day6 deserve so much more recognition 😊
Reply 10
Original post by 21ForEva
They’re amazing! I saw them in London in January .... they got another tour so gonna try and snag some tickets again hehe. Favourite song: when you love someone . You??

Mines I Need Somebody
Popular with some teenage girls and thats about it
Reply 12
Original post by jbrdodd

I’ve seen kpop fans that are male and also older kpop fans. I don’t think it’s just teenage girls
Is Kpop considered popular in the Uk because I know that it is in America, and if it is, what groups do people here like?

oh jesus
Honestly I'm not sure. My friends keep bumping into Kpop stans in public but I've never come across any. but i've also seen HMV selling red velvet and NCT albums in their shops which definitely wasn't happening a year or two ago so i guess it's gotten more popular.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by qveen
Honestly I'm not sure. My friends keep bumping in Kpop stans in public but I've never come across any. but i've also seen HMV selling red velvet and NCT albums in their shops which definitely wasn't happening a year or two ago so i guess it's gotten more popular.

Spoiler

yeah. I’m the same I never see kpop stans in public.
And also stray kids is so goooood
Original post by jbrdodd

eyy believe it or not my grandpa likes bts so don't go there. we don't welcome stereotyping.
Reply 17
I pretty much only know they are a group of girly boys lol...are they actually massively popular for their musical ability?
Reply 18
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
I pretty much only know they are a group of girly boys lol...do you purely like them for the musical ability?

No but their musical ability is a large part of it. Also their dancing and looks too of course.
I’ve seen kpop fans that are male and also older kpop fans. I don’t think it’s just teenage girls

Original post by qveen
eyy believe it or not my grandpa likes bts so don't go there. we don't welcome stereotyping.

Males are probably a small percentage of there fans though

Quick Reply

Latest