The Student Room Group

Retaking science 😭

So I'm taking a year out of my plan to do a levels and instead I'm retaking a science (either chemistry or biology) while doing a level 2 course to be in full time education.

SO ****kkkkkk 😂 basically I hate science and I've always found it hard to learn SO any posters or flashcard tips?
Original post by Inspired_joani26
So I'm taking a year out of my plan to do a levels and instead I'm retaking a science (either chemistry or biology) while doing a level 2 course to be in full time education.

SO ****kkkkkk 😂 basically I hate science and I've always found it hard to learn SO any posters or flashcard tips?

If you hate it, find it hard, then why do A level?
Original post by 999tigger
If you hate it, find it hard, then why do A level?

Oh no! I think you've misunderstood 😂 I have to have 5 GCSE passes for the a levels I want but I only had the four so I'm retaking science GCSE to get the grades and then NEXT year I'll take my chosen alevels
Oh no! I think you've misunderstood 😂 I have to have 5 GCSE passes for the a levels I want but I only had the four so I'm retaking science GCSE to get the grades and then NEXT year I'll take my chosen alevels

So you are doing 1 GCSE in total in one year to get 5?
So you are doing 1 GCSE in total in one year to get 5?

Sorta, I'm doing science and a level 2 course in actingt
Sorta, I'm doing science and a level 2 course in actingt

Why do you need science?
Has the school okd this?
Seems a bit light for a year.
Why do you need science?
Has the school okd this?
Seems a bit light for a year.

It was the schools idea, the college I'm going to provides gces retake for English, maths and science and as I have maths and English I have to do science.

As for it being light it is kinda light but the acting level two will be a deploma level so I'll be at school 4 days a week with 2hours + as the minimum and the science will take me 3+ a day a week

So it's more then it seems but it is still light which would be wonderful! A year to have a bit of self care before I go into alevels
Reply 7
for my GCSE in science, I got this cgp book that was full of practice questions as well as the content and they helped me so much (they weren't cheap but so worth it!). Definitely do practice questions and really take note of the mark schemes. also, find something to motivate you- if you don't like it, you won't revise it, so try and link your work with something you do like (:
Original post by caitli.n
for my GCSE in science, I got this cgp book that was full of practice questions as well as the content and they helped me so much (they weren't cheap but so worth it!). Definitely do practice questions and really take note of the mark schemes. also, find something to motivate you- if you don't like it, you won't revise it, so try and link your work with something you do like (:

Thank you! Such a great idea
It was the schools idea, the college I'm going to provides gces retake for English, maths and science and as I have maths and English I have to do science.

As for it being light it is kinda light but the acting level two will be a deploma level so I'll be at school 4 days a week with 2hours + as the minimum and the science will take me 3+ a day a week

So it's more then it seems but it is still light which would be wonderful! A year to have a bit of self care before I go into alevels

What are you aiming to do afterwards?
A levels and degree?
What are you aiming to do afterwards?
A levels and degree?

I have three alevels planned! I already interviewed and was okayed but I now need the grades to support it you see
Have you used Seneca for science before? if not, I'd advise on getting an account for revision as it's extremely helpful. FreeScienceLessons and Primrose kitten were also good for learning the basic topics and then practicals.
I have three alevels planned! I already interviewed and was okayed but I now need the grades to support it you see

No worries, was just assessing your plan.
im also retaking science and maths but will my sixth form let me do 3 A levels

What a levels are you doing next year? :biggrin:
Original post by milly2003
im also retaking science and maths but will my sixth form let me do 3 A levels

Ooooooh that's pretty cool but sounds stressful having to do both retakes and alevels mayhaps, but yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy science retake buddies

Quick Reply

Latest