The Student Room Group

How can I be prettier?

I'm rlly ugly hehe but I guess basically what I'm asking is how can I get a glow up? (like should I use face masks, have a skin care routine etc.)

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is beautiful. You may not think that you are but I am sure someone else out there does. Sometimes a new haircut or a new outfit that you love or even just a new hairstyle makes you feel more confident and pretty.
Original post by :-))
I'm rlly ugly hehe but I guess basically what I'm asking is how can I get a glow up? (like should I use face masks, have a skin care routine etc.)

Here are my tips:

1. Go natural (no too much make up)
2. Eat healthy
3. Exercise
4. Be positive
5. Be yourself
What’s ur skin type? What’s ur hair like? Describe urself and I’ll happily help as much as a I can 😊
These are just things I do to make myself a lot more confident especially when I’m not wearing makeup.
I LOVE a face mask, my skin is quite problematic so I use detox ones a lot (L’Oréal ones are great) but if you have clear skin that just needs a pick me up glow sheet masks help so so so much just make ur skin look a lot healthier. Another thing that’s really helped me is drinking a lot of water, this is an over time thing but the more water I’ve drank I feel and look a lot better, has really helped me. Something that makes a world of difference to my face is getting my eyebrows done, when mine are messy it makes my face just look gross but once they’re done it actually does change the way you look. If you wear makeup maybe try playing around with it a bit and see what u can do watch the natural YouTube videos and try some of that out. If you don’t wear makeup taking care of your skin is very important so a good skin care routine can help & water helps with this. Also working out makes me feel great and obviously long term look great. Do your hair?? Get it cut if you can try something new, if not give it a good wash and style it.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by eternal123
Everyone is beautiful. You may not think that you are but I am sure someone else out there does. Sometimes a new haircut or a new outfit that you love or even just a new hairstyle makes you feel more confident and pretty.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Justanotheranon6
What’s ur skin type? What’s ur hair like? Describe urself and I’ll happily help as much as a I can 😊

My skin is quite oily around my nose and my hair sometimes gets quite greasy + my hair is dead straight and fine so quite boring lol
Reply 7
Take steroids?
Reply 8
Original post by milliedowley
These are just things I do to make myself a lot more confident especially when I’m not wearing makeup.
I LOVE a face mask, my skin is quite problematic so I use detox ones a lot (L’Oréal ones are great) but if you have clear skin that just needs a pick me up glow sheet masks help so so so much just make ur skin look a lot healthier. Another thing that’s really helped me is drinking a lot of water, this is an over time thing but the more water I’ve drank I feel and look a lot better, has really helped me. Something that makes a world of difference to my face is getting my eyebrows done, when mine are messy it makes my face just look gross but once they’re done it actually does change the way you look. If you wear makeup maybe try playing around with it a bit and see what u can do watch the natural YouTube videos and try some of that out. If you don’t wear makeup taking care of your skin is very important so a good skin care routine can help & water helps with this. Also working out makes me feel great and obviously long term look great. Do your hair?? Get it cut if you can try something new, if not give it a good wash and style it.

Hope that helps :smile:

Reply 9
Original post by Wired_1800
Here are my tips:

1. Go natural (no too much make up)
2. Eat healthy
3. Exercise
4. Be positive
5. Be yourself

My skin is quite oily around my nose and my hair sometimes gets quite greasy + my hair is dead straight and fine so quite boring lol

If you have thinner hair cut it shorter and take iron tablets. If it’s greasy, try to wash it as often as possible and use dry shampoo on the days u can’t wash it. Freederm is good for greasy skin, and garnier pure active. Then a primer, foundation, and very light concealer to cover problem areas.
Face masks are great to start with if you're looking for instant results - they instantly make your face glow and feel softer. I think that's how most people get into skin care, anyway!

A good cleanser (that compliments your skin type and tackles whatever issues you may have) and moisturiser are important long-term investments. You might not see an instant pay-off like with a face mask but the difference will become noticeable within a week or two. There is a lot more you can use on your face, but these are the best items to start with.
Reply 12
Original post by Justanotheranon6
If you have thinner hair cut it shorter and take iron tablets. If it’s greasy, try to wash it as often as possible and use dry shampoo on the days u can’t wash it. Freederm is good for greasy skin, and garnier pure active. Then a primer, foundation, and very light concealer to cover problem areas.

Reply 13
Original post by sinfonietta
Face masks are great to start with if you're looking for instant results - they instantly make your face glow and feel softer. I think that's how most people get into skin care, anyway!

A good cleanser (that compliments your skin type and tackles whatever issues you may have) and moisturiser are important long-term investments. You might not see an instant pay-off like with a face mask but the difference will become noticeable within a week or two. There is a lot more you can use on your face, but these are the best items to start with.

look in the mirror and chant:

I AM PRETTY
I AM PRETTY
I AM PRETTYYYYYYYY

works like a charm :smile:
You ever heard of ''the backwards law'' by Alan Watts? Basically he says that wanting a positive experience is a negative experience and accepting a negative experience is a positive experience.

This can be applied to looks. The more you desperately want to look better and be desired, the uglier you come to see yourself regardless of your physical appearance.

Just think about that for a sec.

You being ugly is simply your perception. You probably aren't ugly. Of course it is good to have a skin care routine because it will help keep your skin healthy. I like to use L'Oreal's fine flower's cleansing milk alongside their toner. It is a very good product and I noticed that my skin looked a lot healthier after using it. You can get it for really cheap at Superdrug.
Every day wash your hair, body, face. Maybe invest in some new clothes and a new haircut that compliments your face/body type. Exercise, make sure you are eating healthy and getting vitamins. Makeup that enhances your best features
I have really scarred skin and a red face consistently and I guess I accepted that unless I want to get up super early in the morning and apply a load of make up which would make me have more acne and have more scarring then I learned to like my appearance. I was always bullied for it at school and sometimes I would look at my own reflection and think "god, I am so ugly" and then I realised that there is so much more to me than just my face and I also learned love both the days I wear make up and the days I don't.
Reply 19
Original post by BuckHowls
You being ugly is simply your perception. You probably aren't ugly. Of course it is good to have a skin care routine because it will help keep your skin healthy. I like to use L'Oreal's fine flower's cleansing milk alongside their toner. It is a very good product and I noticed that my skin looked a lot healthier after using it. You can get it for really cheap at Superdrug.

Aw thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending