English Lit and Lang
Maths
Combined Science
French
Geography
DT Graphics
Music

I really want to get all 8/9 in my gcses in year 11

Has anyone got any tips for year 10 to help me achieve this? Or any tips for year 10 in general? I really want to do well this year and next year.
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
You don't have to worry about anything in Year 10.
Reply 2
Original post by Racsoix
You don't have to worry about anything in Year 10.

It's not that I'm worried I just want to know any tips for starting my gcse courses if you have any?
Reply 3
Original post by eleanor1309
It's not that I'm worried I just want to know any tips for starting my gcse courses if you have any?

Just stay on top of your work and keep organised. Don't burn yourself out with revision, but don't do what I did which is leave everything till the last minute. Find a revision strategy with works for you and just listen to your teachers. GCSEs, in my experience, were just a memory test. Just keep a good work/life balance and make sure you understand the content (if not, ask questions to find out).

There are plenty of good resources online (physicsandmathstutor.com, Hegarty, freesciencelessons etc) which you can use too, but don't be afraid to just work out of textbooks too when you need to. Also practice questions: very important, especially if you plan to go on and do A Levels (advice I was given). Stay on the lookout for any opportunities like DofE, volunteering etc as these could help later on down the line. Also make sure you do well enough in mocks next year so as you're put on higher papers for everything (otherwise you're locked into getting a 5 on foundation). Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Racsoix
Just stay on top of your work and keep organised. Don't burn yourself out with revision, but don't do what I did which is leave everything till the last minute. Find a revision strategy with works for you and just listen to your teachers. GCSEs, in my experience, were just a memory test. Just keep a good work/life balance and make sure you understand the content (if not, ask questions to find out).

There are plenty of good resources online (physicsandmathstutor.com, Hegarty, freesciencelessons etc) which you can use too, but don't be afraid to just work out of textbooks too when you need to. Also practice questions: very important, especially if you plan to go on and do A Levels (advice I was given). Stay on the lookout for any opportunities like DofE, volunteering etc as these could help later on down the line. Also make sure you do well enough in mocks next year so as you're put on higher papers for everything (otherwise you're locked into getting a 5 on foundation). Good luck!

Thanks for the advice that's all really helpful :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by eleanor1309
Thanks for the advice that's all really helpful :smile:

Aye, feel free to PM if you need any more advice/useful websites to use. If I came out with 9s, 8s and 7s revising the night before then you can certainly come away with all 9s if you apply yourself. Best of luck!
just relax this year, i regret working so hard in yr ten just rest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending