The Student Room Group

Should I take stove top pressure cooker to uni?

The rice is really nice and chicken soup taste really nice just makes it tender. Worried about the noise which may annoy flat mates. Shared kitchen.
Is it a modern model with decent pressure control systems and it's safe to use and easy to clean?

If it's an older model you might find your housemates try to borrow it and either blow themselves up, blow up the pressure cooker (burst a seal or something) or just make a mess and don't clean it properly so there's bits of chicken korma stuck in the pressure valve.

Don't worry about the noise, no one will care.
Counter top space will be an issue, every asian student brings a rice cooker. I shared a kitchen with three two english people, one canadian and two chinese people, there were three or four rice cookers at any one time - I think one of them broke and got replaced but it still doesn't explain why they didn't just share.
Original post by DraconisAudiat
Is it a modern model with decent pressure control systems and it's safe to use and easy to clean?

If it's an older model you might find your housemates try to borrow it and either blow themselves up, blow up the pressure cooker (burst a seal or something) or just make a mess and don't clean it properly so there's bits of chicken korma stuck in the pressure valve.

Don't worry about the noise, no one will care.
Counter top space will be an issue, every asian student brings a rice cooker. I shared a kitchen with three two english people, one canadian and two chinese people, there were three or four rice cookers at any one time - I think one of them broke and got replaced but it still doesn't explain why they didn't just share.

I'm thinking of bringing my panini press and a rice cooker using them in the kitchen but storing in my room.?
https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-kitchencookingfood-indianpressure-cookergas-stoveculinarydishesutensils-31209554.html

My family one looks like this makes good lentil soup

Will people still use my stuff that has been labelled. No one better touch my herbs and spices rack
(edited 4 years ago)
lol, your herbs will be used very fast. And if you complain they'll think you're nuts.
In general there's a cupboard to keep your stuff in and no one should be stealing your food, if your spices fit in there it should be ok but if you leave it out people will use it,

If you keep your panini press in your room people will think you're weird. Just bring it in the kitchen and if someone make a mess using it tell them off and hopefully they won't use it again or they won't make a mess. I never used someone else's rice cooker. Most people aren't nutters but some are so just watch out.

Quick Reply

Latest