The Student Room Group

'Don't want to do or say anything else that's going to be completely moronic'-Y12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Tag List

Spoiler

Plans for today
> Complete maths transition work- Probability question
> Finish my Geography transition work- Create report on geographical event
> Sort out folders and bag ready for tomorrow
Good luck :dumbells:
really need to sort out my bag too:colondollar:
Original post by jemima0103
Tag List

Spoiler

Got all my work done and it's my first day back tomorrow.
So nervous and have been feeling sick all day. I was rushing around so much trying to sort my stuff out that I almost had a full blown panic attack. Not really looking forward to tomorrow
(edited 4 years ago)
So nervous and have been feeling sick all day. I was rushing around so much trying to sort my stuff out that I almost had a full blown panic attack. Not really looking forward to tomorrow

Good luck for today. You'll be fine. You're gonna smash this! :h:

:hugs:
good luck on your first day!

could i be tagged please : )
FIRST DAY BACK

So today actually went okay.
I have been moved to a different form which is more suited to the subjects I have chosen. We had assembly and fire drill. We also got our lanyards to get off site and our planners which have some really useful info in them.
It is quite difficult because all my best friends have either gone to college or are doing different courses/subjects. Luckily me and one of my best friends have our free periods at the same time, but it does feel a bit lonely.
One really nice thing happened today though, my old teacher came over to me and said well done on my maths grade, because he wasn't there on results day.
History- I handed in all my transition work, and the course and the class seems really good. We got told about some good further reading books and we got set some revision for a small knowledge test on Friday.
Geography- Really glad I switched from french to geography. We have a great teacher and the class is really interesting. we got set some homework to write notes for pages in our textbooks, and I'm planning on reading ahead.
Maths- I haven't got maths until Thursday, but i'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully now that I'm back things will get a bit easier. Hopefully my anxiety will calm down a bit and I'll be able to get focused on all my subjects.
I was really proud of myself today for controlling my anxiety, It was so lovely helping a year 7 find his maths classroom because I remember how scared I was in year 7.

Tag List

Spoiler

@gym_leader_yeet
(edited 4 years ago)
It's nice that you've had a good day! :rave:
Tag List

Spoiler

SECOND DAY.
I'm so tired today. I still haven't had maths yet but I've got it tomorrow. We had some people from Lincoln university and Sheffield Hallam university come in to talk to us about what we want to do in the future. We also wrote CV's. I have two free periods tomorrow, and i'm planning on using them to write up some notes. I did my history homework so I thought I'd have a rest for tonight.
SO the first week is over It's been okay but it's a bit lonely not having two of my best friends there with me. I've mainly spent lunchtimes and break times reading "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath.
Geography - The lessons have been good so far and I'm glad that I chose Geography. We have been given a textbook which means I can read things before lessons and create notes.
History - Already had quite a bit of homework and got some to do this weekend. We haven't got textbooks yet which is a bit annoying because I wanted to do the essential reading for the course before I did any further reading. We did a knowledge test on The Wars Of The Roses yesterday and I got 14/20 which is alright considering we've only just started the course.
Maths - It's actually been quite good. We marked our transition work and I did good on the GCSE parts. I only made one major mistake which I realised quite quickly. I'm not sure about the A Level stuff but I think I did alright.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
SO the first week is over It's been okay but it's a bit lonely not having two of my best friends there with me. I've mainly spent lunchtimes and break times reading "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath.
Geography - The lessons have been good so far and I'm glad that I chose Geography. We have been given a textbook which means I can read things before lessons and create notes.
History - Already had quite a bit of homework and got some to do this weekend. We haven't got textbooks yet which is a bit annoying because I wanted to do the essential reading for the course before I did any further reading. We did a knowledge test on The Wars Of The Roses yesterday and I got 14/20 which is alright considering we've only just started the course.
Maths - It's actually been quite good. We marked our transition work and I did good on the GCSE parts. I only made one major mistake which I realised quite quickly. I'm not sure about the A Level stuff but I think I did alright.

Spoiler

Good luck for next week :h:
Original post by BlossomSugar
Good luck for next week :h:

Thanks, You too. x
Well done! :biggrin:
CVs already? That’s a bit eager :lol:
My geography grade was higher, but I mainly thought it would work better with History and Maths. I also go to a joint sixth form which is mixed with 2 grammar schools. I hated the induction lessons and none of the lessons were at my school. I would have to move between three schools for lessons and it would be too chaotic for me. I really enjoy geography.

I’m in year 12 too, doing politics; history and RS. Getting your health back on track is very important especially when your ill during exams (I was very ill during GCSE exams so I know from experience) well done for persevering though! Hope you get well soon and have a smooth road to recovery
(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks, You too. x

Original post by laurawatt
Well done! :biggrin:
CVs already? That’s a bit eager :lol:

Our school seem to have a big focus on what we want to achieve out of sixth form, outside of academic things.
We have to spend time every Wednesday doing enrichment
Original post by Greywolftwo
I’m in year 12 too, doing politics; history and RS. Getting your health back on track is very important especially when your ill during exams (I was very ill during GCSE exams so I know from experience) well done for persevering though! Hope you get well soon and have a smooth road to recovery

Definitely. My school seems to have taken a new focus on health as well. They want people to talk to them about any problems before they get out of control. It's quite difficult though but I'm trying to ease myself into sixth form slowly.
Definitely. My school seems to have taken a new focus on health as well. They want people to talk to them about any problems before they get out of control. It's quite difficult though but I'm trying to ease myself into sixth form slowly.

Good idea to ease yourself in, don’t want to jump in too quickly and then overwhelm yourself. My school is also conscious about health mainly because there was a measles outbreak at my school. I was one of the people who got it despite having the vaccination and booster in year 9
Our school seem to have a big focus on what we want to achieve out of sixth form, outside of academic things.
We have to spend time every Wednesday doing enrichment

:eek:
We have something similar, but on a Tuesday, like careers stuff, and learning life skills

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending