The Student Room Group

PGCE 2019 applications - still open?

According to UCAS, there appear to be vacancies still- can that be correct? I am a rather late applicant ....
Reply 1
Original post by GiddyKipper
According to UCAS, there appear to be vacancies still- can that be correct? I am a rather late applicant ....

you have until the 15th september 2019, there may be spaces still available you never know.
(edited 4 years ago)
It seems odd to me but there are a few options with vacancies. Not sure why.
It seems odd to me but there are a few options with vacancies. Not sure why.

Are you looking at secondary? There's a shortage of secondary teachers in this country, and ITT courses have consistently under-recruited for most subjects for a few years now. It's not necessarily a reflection on the uni that they still have places left.

What subject would you be applying for?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Are you looking at secondary? There's a shortage of secondary teachers in this country, and ITT courses have consistently under-recruited for most subjects for a few years now. It's not necessarily a reflection on the uni that they still have places left.

What subject would you be applying for?

Sec English
Sec English

English is a shortage subject (not as severe as some others, but still we don't have enough teachers to fill all the jobs). Because it's a core subject and 2 GCSEs, ITT recruitment targets are high. Last year the bursary went up, and recruitment targets were met, but in previous years unis have struggled to recruit.

I'd say it's definitely not weird that there are some places still available, so if you're keen then good luck!
Ok, am applying , I just hope the references don’t delay my application ... it seems can not submit until the actual reference has been received
We are still accepting SCITT places so yes it is still possible to get a place to train in September 2019. It's getting very late however ...
Ok, am applying , I just hope the references don’t delay my application ... it seems can not submit until the actual reference has been received

Unfortunately, that is the case as unis are often pretty interested in your references. Hopefully your referees have a fairly quick turn around!
Original post by Mr M
We are still accepting SCITT places so yes it is still possible to get a place to train in September 2019. It's getting very late however ...

Thanks Mr M. I have submitted it... 2 Uni courses and one direct with a school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending