The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from UCL about accommodation?

I know people who were told where they're going to be staying days ago but I still haven't heard from UCL, stating to get worried I'll get a s***** room?
Contact them again, UCL admin is notoriously bad.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Noodlzzz

do you know anything about the swap process?
Original post by I.dont_know
do you know anything about the swap process?

Nope sorry.
Nope sorry.

no worries

Yeah I have - whenever I email them they tend to take ages to reply
OP same situation as you. I'm planning to go down to London on Monday to ask in person to sort it out.
Same situation. I emailed them and they said it was "normal" - but I'm worried anyway. Plus I am from Italy, so I can't go there and ask in person.
Original post by lpcdc3
Same situation. I emailed them and they said it was "normal" - but I'm worried anyway. Plus I am from Italy, so I can't go there and ask in person.

Normal as in normal that they haven't told us yet? It seems excessively negligent for them not to even tell us they haven't got a room so we have to find our own about 3 weeks before we start. Ipcdc3, if you'd like I can post an update here after I go on Monday.
Original post by myguytyrone
Normal as in normal that they haven't told us yet? It seems excessively negligent for them not to even tell us they haven't got a room so we have to find our own about 3 weeks before we start. Ipcdc3, if you'd like I can post an update here after I go on Monday.

was ucl your firm or insurance? that'll determine your eligibility along with other things
if it was your insurance and you aren't close enough to commute you should get onto a waiting list for private accommodation just incase
OP same situation as you. I'm planning to go down to London on Monday to ask in person to sort it out.

I'm not looking forward to dealing with their admin for the next 3 years. I went to their accommodation office a couple of weeks ago and checked in person, they said I was definitely on the list and was guaranteed accommodation but Idk what type yet, and uni stsrts in only 2 weeks. They also still haven't sorted out my fee status

Yes, normal in that way. I should have guaranteed accommodation, so I am not as worried as you are, but I'd definitely appreciate it if you could post an update on Monday! Thank you very much!
Original post by Anonymous
was ucl your firm or insurance? that'll determine your eligibility along with other things

Insurance, so I know that firm people should get it before me, but still, only 3 weeks left and not a peep confirming that they do or don't have accommodation for me is a bit preposterous, since even renting private accommodation takes time.

Original post by fatdogmendoza
I'm not looking forward to dealing with their admin for the next 3 years. I went to their accommodation office a couple of weeks ago and checked in person, they said I was definitely on the list and was guaranteed accommodation but Idk what type yet, and uni stsrts in only 2 weeks. They also still haven't sorted out my fee status

Damn, I haven't even been guaranteed that much. Looks like I'll be taking the early train on Monday.

Original post by lpcdc3
Yes, normal in that way. I should have guaranteed accommodation, so I am not as worried as you are, but I'd definitely appreciate it if you could post an update on Monday! Thank you very much!

Np.
Reply 14
If any of you guys is still looking for an accommodation, I have a room in Station Court London for about 185pound a week. It is a full-year booking, that means it will last 51 weeks, starting from september the 14th, so all in all 9450 pounds the year. It includes a kitchen pack with 20 items such as pots, plates etc. and a bedding pack. Commuting to London centre will take about 20min. If you are interested, you can take over my tenancy agreement, which would help me a lot, as I would have to pay the full rent even though I won't be living there. Feel free to ask for any further information!
Original post by lpcdc3

Ok so basically apparently it's UCL policy just to leave insurance students in the fog. The lady I spoke to said that unless you're under 18 on the 23rd or have a medical condition, you have to find your own place. I'm still a bit mad about that as their website is so vague about this, just saying "it's not guarenteed". But apparently it's always been this way.

But apparently the leftover rooms in intercollegiate halls are up for grabs on the UoL website from tomorrow at 10 am to Wednesday at 10 am. We just have to apply online and we should hear back from them in a week if we're successful. UCL halls themselves open to application on the 23rd.
Ok so basically apparently it's UCL policy just to leave insurance students in the fog. The lady I spoke to said that unless you're under 18 on the 23rd or have a medical condition, you have to find your own place. I'm still a bit mad about that as their website is so vague about this, just saying "it's not guarenteed". But apparently it's always been this way.

But apparently the leftover rooms in intercollegiate halls are up for grabs on the UoL website from tomorrow at 10 am to Wednesday at 10 am. We just have to apply online and we should hear back from them in a week if we're successful. UCL halls themselves open to application on the 23rd.

23rd September?
Original post by Anonymous
23rd September?

Yea, so after we start.
Yea, so after we start.

okay cool thank you all the best with finding accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending