The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone else have a deferred offer for September 2020?
Hey my stats r
AAA predicted
2 A* 3 As 5 Bs at GCSE
Ucat is a 760 band 2
Is Plymouth a good choice?
Reply 3
Original post by Uzair63
Hey my stats r
AAA predicted
2 A* 3 As 5 Bs at GCSE
Ucat is a 760 band 2
Is Plymouth a good choice?

Those stats are good and should be easily enough to get you an interview, 760 UKCAT is amazing, well done.
Here’s a link to the entry requirements
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery
Gives you GCSE, A level requirements and past UKCAT cut off for interviews
(edited 4 years ago)
Does anyone know if I’m predicted AAA I can get an AAB offer or is that rare?
Reply 5
Original post by Uzair63
Does anyone know if I’m predicted AAA I can get an AAB offer or is that rare?

For UK students the offer for medicine A100 will be AAA unless your part of a widening participation programme
I have eight 9s and two 7s in GCSE, A*AA predictions and UCAT of 2450 Band 3 - what are my chances of getting an interview???
They have on their page that they can offer A*AA or AAA- what would be the deciding factor in how they choose which offer to give?
Hey guys, some context:
Predicted: AAA
GCSE: 2 9's, 5 8's, 2 A's
UCAT: 2390 band 1

So I've just met the cutoff score for plymouth. Am i likely to get an interview because I would be at the very bottom. Thanks
Hi, i applied for plymouth last year with 2450, similar gcses - 2 9s 3 A*s and 3 As. I got an interview and an offer so im sure you have a good chance of receiving an interview.
Original post by arubsaeed
Hi, i applied for plymouth last year with 2450, similar gcses - 2 9s 3 A*s and 3 As. I got an interview and an offer so im sure you have a good chance of receiving an interview.

Do you know what they look at in their admissions process? Are they big on personal statement or do they rank your UCAT? I tried researching into this myself but it seems quite ambiguous.
Original post by citrusltm
Do you know what they look at in their admissions process? Are they big on personal statement or do they rank your UCAT? I tried researching into this myself but it seems quite ambiguous.

im not too sure but my friend who got 2320 for the UCAT also got an interview, so im assuming UCAT isnt as important considering their cut off has consistently been low. id put it as a safe 4th option when applying. Hope that helps
It does help thanks!!
Reply 13
Anyone have any experience of getting in to Plymouth with resits?
My son has BBB in his A-levels (Physics and Biology very close to A grade boundary), so he is resitting them all and adding an EPQ.
His UCAT score is 2730. Is he likely to be considered?
Original post by Abzy2002
Hey guys, some context:
Predicted: AAA
GCSE: 2 9's, 5 8's, 2 A's
UCAT: 2390 band 1

So I've just met the cutoff score for plymouth. Am i likely to get an interview because I would be at the very bottom. Thanks

I emailed them a couple of days ago.
A*AA will only be given to international students, and everyone who met the minimum entry requirements last year got an interview, so I'd say you have a good chance
Original post by citrusltm

Anyone who meets the min entry requirements has a very good chance of interview - everyone got one last year
Original post by The.One.And.Only
I emailed them a couple of days ago.
A*AA will only be given to international students, and everyone who met the minimum entry requirements last year got an interview, so I'd say you have a good chance

Thanks a bunch!
Reply 17
Original post by Katie1881
Does anyone else have a deferred offer for September 2020?

yes i do!
Any grads applying to Plymouth ?
Original post by Chez231
Any grads applying to Plymouth ?

Hey I’m considering it, do grads have to do the GAMSAT or can we apply with UCAT? Websites abit unclear.

Latest

Trending

Trending