The Student Room Group

My ex BF "came out" to me as Bisexual now

I am a man and I am bisexual, my ex has always been gay.

During our relationship he did jab me at being bisexual (I feel being bisexual is having the ability to be attracted too and in a emotional and physical relationship with either man or woman) and always pressured me to say I am gay as opposed to bi.

Well my ex spoke to me tonight and said he has been thinking that because he sees a couple of people in a "different light" that he thinks he is Bi. I said that basically I went before from being straight at 16 to Bisexual then Asexual then back to Bisexual and that we are on a spectrum and that in time if he is then he will know but I said not to really worry about it. Now after what I think has been "validation" from me hes publicly announced his bisexual and removed any "gay".

Personally, I really feel like I egged this on now, Personally from knowing him, he Jabbed me for being bi, in sometimes nasty comments and he has never ever mentioned women, not a shes cute ot anything. I think personally hes going through alot of personal issues in his wider life and I feel like just being honest with him in my opinion and say I doubt hes bi because he never mentions women in all the time i known him, hes never mentioned it ever in any sexual or romantic way where I have casually said both men and women are cute in discussion, hes only ever mentioned men and said he is a "first class gay" and wouldnt ever get with a woman (and pulls a sick face) and that also when he berated me for being bi I just want to say that.

He is currently in a relationship with another man now for a couple of months (not a very nice man at that) - So I am not sure if I should really say anymore about his sexuality thoughts and my thoughts on that.
Mind ya business
I never thought I’d hate the word “personally”
Reply 3
Is this thread especially related to the Uni of Surrey or did their ad appear here by accident?
Reply 4
Original post by OR321
I never thought I’d hate the word “personally”

I see. Why is that?
Reply 5
Original post by Aaryra
Mind ya business

I see
Original post by Anonymous
I see. Why is that?

Coz it was mentioned like 5 times in one paragraph. On a side note, maybe that person wasn’t ready to tell you or didn’t actually know himself that he was bi yet?
Original post by Anonymous
I see

Just think even if he was weird about being bi before doesn’t mean you should be weird about him being bi now if that makes sense.
Reply 8
Original post by Vinny C
Is this thread especially related to the Uni of Surrey or did their ad appear here by accident?

Wouldn't surprise me lol
Reply 9
Original post by OR321
Coz it was mentioned like 5 times in one paragraph. On a side note, maybe that person wasn’t ready to tell you or didn’t actually know himself that he was bi yet?

Been a long day!
Original post by Aaryra
Just think even if he was weird about being bi before doesn’t mean you should be weird about him being bi now if that makes sense.

That makes sense. IDK, I feel that he did that to me and made my Bisexuality and issue with him, and now hes saying he is Bi, that its bit of a kick at me, he even questioned a mutual friend can he have a relationship with a non-gay man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending