The Student Room Group

Who would you vote for in a Snap general election?

Poll

Who would you vote for?

With votes to block a no deal Brexit later tonight it is heavily rumoured that the Prime Minister will call a GE on the 14th of October. In this hypothetical scenario who would you vote for?

Vote in the poll above.

For those who are, or are nearly 18 you can register to vote here. (https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote)
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ignore the England, Scotland, Wales in the title.
i wouldn't vote at all as I'm 15, haha
Lib Dems, over Brexit
Reply 4
I fear that the majority of the public will base their vote primarily on Brexit even though there are so many other important issues that affect the country.
Original post by Notnek
I fear that the majority of the public will base their vote primarily on Brexit even though there are so many other important issues that affect the country.

I know you're right Notnek and the decision who to vote for shouldn't be based mainly on one issue but I am so annoyed at this Brexit fiasco that I'm finding it hard to see beyond it
I would vote conservative
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar
I know you're right Notnek and the decision who to vote for shouldn't be based mainly on one issue but I am so annoyed at this Brexit fiasco that I'm finding it hard to see beyond it

I completely understand the thought process and I'm not saying it's "wrong" to focus on Brexit more than anything else. But people who vote for e.g. The Brexit Party or Change UK should remember that if they got into power (not going to happen I know) then they could be in government for 5 years!
Original post by Notnek
I completely understand the thought process and I'm not saying it's "wrong" to focus on Brexit more than anything else. But people who vote for e.g. The Brexit Party or Change UK should remember that if they got into power (not going to happen I know) then they could be in government for 5 years!

Oh yes, I would never vote for someone like The Brexit Party and think they should stand down if there was a GE so as not to split the votes that would otherwise have gone to the Lib Dems. Or form an alliance anyway
(edited 4 years ago)
I would vote for Labour.
Conservative

Labour will ruin the economy as they did before. Jezza is a loony. They didn't win last time under My, that shows the public do not want Labour
Lib dem, nothing to do with Brexit
Original post by SMEGGGY
Conservative

Labour will ruin the economy as they did before. Jezza is a loony. They didn't win last time under My, that shows the public do not want Labour

Pretty sure the economy's already stuffed
Not labour
Original post by harrysbar
Pretty sure the economy's already stuffed

If you think this is bad, just wait until the Marxist foxes have been in the hen house for a couple of years.
Reply 15
Snaps.jpg
Probably Lib Dems. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Corbyn.
Probably Lib Dems.

Given their track record of failure and financial mismanagement, I'd not even consider voting Conservative.
Conservatives- they now offer concrete certainty on Brexit (as opposed to the dithering of the opposition), and a sense of optimism that previous administrations have been lacking.
I never thought I'd see students flocking to support the lib dems, just shows what a shambles Her Majesty's Most Loyal opposition currently finds itself in...
if theres a good local i'll vote for them, as in the local elections...

if its a choice between the main parties, currently i'll abstain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending