The Student Room Group
VR: UCAT was harder
DM: both medify and ucat were about the same level of difficulty
QR: UCAT was easier
AR: UCAT was harder
SJ: UCAT was harder
VR: UCAT was harder than Medify. You had to think more about the text as a whole rather than look for certain phrases as you did on Medify. I did however get the same score on my Medify mocks as I did in the exam.
DM: UCAT was harder. The "drawing conclusions" part I found especially tricky in the exam. The statements were all quite vague, and while I was getting 700-800 on Medify in DM, I came out of the actual exam with 630.
QR: About the same. The scores I got in my Medify mocks for QR were very similar to what I got in my actual exam.
AR: About the same, UCAT probably a bit easier. I did the best by far in AR in my actual exam, and I got very similar to my AR Medify mocks.
SJT: About the same, maybe a little harder in the actual exam but not by much. Just as a warning, there is another type of question in the SJT in the UCAT that you don't come across on Medify. They will give you a situation and 3 possible responses to it. Out of the 3, you have to pick the most appropriate response and the least appropriate response. The prep you do for the SJT will definitely cover you for these questions though.

Medify was definitely very helpful though, especially for the SJT, AR, and QR. I'm not sure what alternative resources I would recommend for VR and DM, as I only used Medify and the ISC 1250 questions book, which overestimated the difficulty. Perhaps the question banks on the official UCAT site would be more accurate?
Reply 3
Thank you so much for your reply, very kind of you!
Reply 4
Original post by barryobama01
VR: UCAT was harder than Medify. You had to think more about the text as a whole rather than look for certain phrases as you did on Medify. I did however get the same score on my Medify mocks as I did in the exam.
DM: UCAT was harder. The "drawing conclusions" part I found especially tricky in the exam. The statements were all quite vague, and while I was getting 700-800 on Medify in DM, I came out of the actual exam with 630.
QR: About the same. The scores I got in my Medify mocks for QR were very similar to what I got in my actual exam.
AR: About the same, UCAT probably a bit easier. I did the best by far in AR in my actual exam, and I got very similar to my AR Medify mocks.
SJT: About the same, maybe a little harder in the actual exam but not by much. Just as a warning, there is another type of question in the SJT in the UCAT that you don't come across on Medify. They will give you a situation and 3 possible responses to it. Out of the 3, you have to pick the most appropriate response and the least appropriate response. The prep you do for the SJT will definitely cover you for these questions though.

Medify was definitely very helpful though, especially for the SJT, AR, and QR. I'm not sure what alternative resources I would recommend for VR and DM, as I only used Medify and the ISC 1250 questions book, which overestimated the difficulty. Perhaps the question banks on the official UCAT site would be more accurate?

Thanks a lot!!
Reply 5
Original post by ciupi97
Hey guys,

For the people who already took the UCAT this year & used Medify, how did you find all the sections in the real test compared to Medify in terms of difficulty?

Thanks in advance!

There is a literally an entire thread where hundreds of people discuss this issue
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5794376

Latest

Trending

Trending