The Student Room Group

Btec or A-level

Hi guys, I’m having very tough time at the moment. I did my a-level course last year and I didn’t do well. My teachers from school recommend me to change the course to do btec instead because I have language barrier ( terminology ) because I moved from Thailand and came to study Thai course and it gave me very tough time.
I would like to know if I do btec which they recommend me cause I don’t need to worry about exam even it has loads of assignments but they think I will do better.
I want to study biomedical science in university and maybe change my pathway to study medicine after that cause I heard people talking they did that before.
I would like to know should I change it? I really don’t know how things work here cause I’ve been here just a couple years and never been to any school from the U.K. please help me out. I’m very interested about biomedical science and medicine.
mate i suggest to listen to your teachers
Reply 2
Original post by iamcambridge
mate i suggest to listen to your teachers

Yeah I’m thinking about this too. I’m just confused and don’t know where to go at the moment. But thank you so much
BTECS are completely fine but you may be limited to universities as not all will accept them, especially for medicine.
Reply 4
Thank you so much. I plan to do biomedical science and then change the pathway to medicine after I got more science background of biomed
you could also think about doing A levels privately
Reply 6
Original post by iamcambridge
you could also think about doing A levels privately

Sorry can you explain what do you mean please? I’m really struggling right now and I don’t know what to do
So basically you should go to a private exam centre and also explain that you would want to do a levels and just pay money to do your exams for your a levels if you would like to do your first year you would want to say that you want to sit your AS levels if you want to sit your 2nd year you would want to ask them for A levels and after you joined them you should go to an tuition centre as they would give your predicted grades for your respective subjects the exam centre i would recommend is called campbell harris which is central london here is their address 185 High Street Kensington,London, W8 6SH and the tuition centre is called london college of science and here is there address Suite 17 - 1st Floor, Roding House Cambridge Rd, Barking IG11 8NL I am pretty sure that they will give you predicted grades and also if you want to do science a levels you are required to do practicals but as you are a private candidate you will be excepted for unis if you tell them your circumstance and I would recommend you to take english as a GCSE
oh yeah and also because chemistry is vital for medicine i would suggest you do maths further maths and chemistry as it is the most economical way as you are a private candidate
Reply 9
Original post by Tipanan99
Hi guys, I’m having very tough time at the moment. I did my a-level course last year and I didn’t do well. My teachers from school recommend me to change the course to do btec instead because I have language barrier ( terminology ) because I moved from Thailand and came to study Thai course and it gave me very tough time.
I would like to know if I do btec which they recommend me cause I don’t need to worry about exam even it has loads of assignments but they think I will do better.
I want to study biomedical science in university and maybe change my pathway to study medicine after that cause I heard people talking they did that before.
I would like to know should I change it? I really don’t know how things work here cause I’ve been here just a couple years and never been to any school from the U.K. please help me out. I’m very interested about biomedical science and medicine.

Hi. How are you doing? What did you decided to do in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending