The Student Room Group

Do I have to cite myself if I conducted an interview for EPQ?

So my teacher hasn't explained how to properly cite and reference so I'm unsure if I have to cite myself if I include a quote from an interview I conducted?
I would include the interview in its entirety in the Appendices and footnote it and cite it as App 1 or whatever number it is in your appendices. Hope that makes sense.
I mean a transcript of the interview.. I’m assuming it’s not a published work. If it was you could cite it as normal without including in appendix.
Reply 3
Original post by lucyddf72
I would include the interview in its entirety in the Appendices and footnote it and cite it as App 1 or whatever number it is in your appendices. Hope that makes sense

yea that makes perfect sense, thanks
Your teacher really should be teaching you this stuff! Alternatively there must be a You Tube tutorial on Harvard Referencing which is the standard system used in the UK
Reply 5
Your teacher really should be teaching you this stuff! Alternatively there must be a You Tube tutorial on Harvard Referencing which is the standard system used in the UK

Yeah ikr but he left at the end of the year so didn't care too much. Another quick question, if I'm summarising an entire paragraph how do I cite that or would I have to put the little number after every sentence I've summarised?
I would just put one little number after the entire paragraph .. just make it clear in your writing that you are paraphrasing a published source.. eg. Considering the complexity of factors impacting on such and such, Smith presents a compelling arguement that the rise of xyz could be attributed to abc.1 (small)
It doesn’t have to be direct quote from a published source... you can paraphrase but yes still cite it in footnotes.. at the logical end of your paragaraph.
What is your EPQ on? My daughter did one and got a B.
Reply 9
What is your EPQ on? My daughter did one and got a B.

Alright that saves me a lot of time thank you so much. Im doing my epq about the reliability of forensic dentistry in accordance to criminal cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending