The Student Room Group

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* mez's guide to not getting disowned : episode two *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Scroll to see replies

a summer-y

get it? because it's a summary..of my summer- ah whatever i tried to do the pun thing........

mkay so my exams finished on the 17th of june *shudder shudder* and then i was free for about two months and a bit!

june:

i spent the rest of june trying to forget the horrors of gcses (dw y11s i tend to exaggerate, you'll all be fine) and did some sixth form inductions which just confirmed that i wanted to stay on at my sixth form; the boys school didn't seem to impress me like it did on open evening...

july:

and so began my obsession with netflix and more specifically kdramas! i watched 'weightlifting fairy kim bok joo' (sooooo good would 100% recommend!) and i started watching 'welcome to waikiki' but i got sidetracked by brooklyn 99 (again, an amaaaazing show) im still waiting for season 6 though

and i went to prom! it was kinda overhyped but i was just glad to be around my friends again. but amidst the crappy music, the tiniest marquee that left half of us sitting outside, mediocre food (i was delusional in hoping for an asian wedding-esque feast lmao) the 'who's most likely to' certificates and being kicked out at 10.45 when it was supposed to finish at half 11 made it a vvv fun night (and hey, who doesn't want an excuse to dress up?)

and theeenn..i went on holiday for three weeks! my dad and i took a lil trip around south east asia, hopping around thailand, malaysia and singapore. it was vvvvv fun but in hindsight three weeks of travelling and in those kinda temperatures (im talking like 36+) is not the one. mez doesn't like sweat...but having been on a 'holiday hiatus' for the last three years i think it was well deserved!

august:

so the week after i got back from living out of a suitcase for almost a month, i was thrown into the 9-5 world and did some work experience at my auntie's gp which was soooo sooo fun omg it just made me want to be a doctor even more. i made sort of daily updates on it last year here if you're really bored and want something to read

errmm oh yea and then we had a lil thing called results day ahahaha my plan was to not think about it at all until the night before and have all my mental breakdowns then but strangely i was kinda zen (or the state of mind when you're so stressed that your calm...) and yea so i did ok but hey no one really cares about gcses now lmaoooo all hyped for nothing :/

so then i chilled..well no i decided it was time to attack the pile of bridging work i was set from school grrrr

biology: it was pretty ok, mostly gcse higher stuff but it was all worded weirdly and just made me realise how much i forgot over the past two months

chemistry: again, it was good kinda like gcse past paper vibes

maths i: im still trying to process come back to me later

psychology: was actually really fun! we had to research two studies of choice and do some evaluations but its basically english but more bs (which im great at lmao) and a little sprinkling of stats

maths ii: ok so first page of a TWENTY PAGE doc said 'so basically you don't have to do any of this, but there's a test first lesson and if you don't get at least 60% you may wanna reconsider taking maths'.....and cue the circus music! well after realising half the doc was an answer sheet and listing all the topics, i broke it down and am doing a bit each day which is working out pretty well (surprisingly...)

so last friday my friends and i decided to go thrifting and after much deliberation and timing it so we somehow were all free on the same day, it was super fun! and i just love walking around london so so much just wah i love my city i don't think i'd ever want to live anywhere else!

so now..happy september i guess!
alot of my friends are really..how do i put this..well not as enthusiastic in wanting to go back to school, but idk why im really excited? i guess just having structure back in my life and having something to do just makes it a lil more worthwhile..? how do you guys feel about going back to school?

anyways so its like a day left eeeek we get our timetables and new forms and form tutors which is kinda sad bc my last form tutor was the bessssttttttest omg i just hope mine this year is good and that i have some friends in my form. in lower school forms were just assigned in houses but from y12 up they're all mixed ew.

i also need to set myself some goals this year..i still haven't come up with a set list though hm maybe i should go and do that now...

ok im back with my goals!

stop procrastinating! get stuff done ASAP

eat healthier but refrain from starving yourself

exercise every day, even if it's just 10 crunches or something

become a senior prefect (kinda like a head girl position)

become med soc president

stay on top of work, review each topic after school and regularly after that

and don't mess about in free- oh, i mean 'study periods'

budget and build a credit score

be more social, regulate screen time

make at least one external friend per class...oof. well ya know...expanding my network n that

read a book a week and make a TSR post on it

add more pictures to this gyg..its a lil bland rn

wow ok haha mayhaps i went overboard....

anyway here's something i haven't done in a while

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*playlist.mez*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Spoiler

alrighty that's enough blabbing from me, now

qotd! (question of the day)
what's your go to study snack?

aotd: literally anything, although personally i don't like eating while studying so idk...i'll just drink water i guess (woW mez you are sO interesting)

mkay that's all from me!
ermmm well stay tuned to see if i survive this week lol ahhahahahah
next post will be on monday, unless i lose self control and post straight after school tomorrow- nopE! im sticking to a routine.
mez mondays WILL be a thing...hopefully

ah! also also, i signed up to this tailored tutors 'starting y12' thing after repeatedly getting ads on ig. i've had an account for ages but i took part in a live class thing and found it pretty useful so would defo recommend to any y12s or 13s! it's completely free to sign up and they have lots of starter pack type thingies

oh and here's the tags! also someone drop some suggestions on what to call you guys :heart:

Spoiler

(feel free to comment if you wanna be tagged/removed!)
obviously if you've got more important things to do then please prioritise wisely
i really should take my own advice....

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* stay happy and healthy!!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

--mez xx
(edited 4 years ago)
not looking forward to going back to school that much tbh :lol:
hm i don't really eat whilst im studying as i just get distracted by the food:rofl:
reading a book a week is v ambitious, good luck!!
:rave: you've had a busy summer!
I think i ended up signing up for that tailored tutors thing too :laugh:
Original post by mez_merising
omgg wowww and yep same I start tomorrow😶😶 how are you feeling?

scared and anxious tbh. Still haven't finished my summer hw too ugh
omg I love jimin as well and all the songs on your playlist. Sunmi queen.
loving the pun and jimin gifs :gah:
your summer sounds amazing :yep:
that twenty page maths booklet sounds exactly like my induction work as well :lol: (that was a while ago lmao)
have fun with those goals :yep:
aotd: i've never had a study snack :nah: my mum's always been really militant about not having food in bedrooms (bedrooms are for sleeping, you can eat in the kitchen :rolleyes:) so yeah, no study snacks for me :redface:
Aotd: popcorn!

Me @ my study period peers
although i agree with you on the heat :headfire: your summer sounds amazing
dude i get you! going back to school is kinda exciting
and well done on breaking down your work, best way to do it and not get overwhelmed :yep:
looking forward to your book recommendations!!! if you ever need some yourself let me know i am a bookWORM xxx

a summer-y

get it? because it's a summary..of my summer- ah whatever i tried to do the pun thing........

mkay so my exams finished on the 17th of june *shudder shudder* and then i was free for about two months and a bit!

june:

i spent the rest of june trying to forget the horrors of gcses (dw y11s i tend to exaggerate, you'll all be fine) and did some sixth form inductions which just confirmed that i wanted to stay on at my sixth form; the boys school didn't seem to impress me like it did on open evening...

july:

and so began my obsession with netflix and more specifically kdramas! i watched 'weightlifting fairy kim bok joo' (sooooo good would 100% recommend!) and i started watching 'welcome to waikiki' but i got sidetracked by brooklyn 99 (again, an amaaaazing show) im still waiting for season 6 though

and i went to prom! it was kinda overhyped but i was just glad to be around my friends again. but amidst the crappy music, the tiniest marquee that left half of us sitting outside, mediocre food (i was delusional in hoping for an asian wedding-esque feast lmao) the 'who's most likely to' certificates and being kicked out at 10.45 when it was supposed to finish at half 11 made it a vvv fun night (and hey, who doesn't want an excuse to dress up?)

and theeenn..i went on holiday for three weeks! my dad and i took a lil trip around south east asia, hopping around thailand, malaysia and singapore. it was vvvvv fun but in hindsight three weeks of travelling and in those kinda temperatures (im talking like 36+) is not the one. mez doesn't like sweat...but having been on a 'holiday hiatus' for the last three years i think it was well deserved!

august:

so the week after i got back from living out of a suitcase for almost a month, i was thrown into the 9-5 world and did some work experience at my auntie's gp which was soooo sooo fun omg it just made me want to be a doctor even more. i made sort of daily updates on it last year here if you're really bored and want something to read

errmm oh yea and then we had a lil thing called results day ahahaha my plan was to not think about it at all until the night before and have all my mental breakdowns then but strangely i was kinda zen (or the state of mind when you're so stressed that your calm...) and yea so i did ok but hey no one really cares about gcses now lmaoooo all hyped for nothing :/

so then i chilled..well no i decided it was time to attack the pile of bridging work i was set from school grrrr

biology: it was pretty ok, mostly gcse higher stuff but it was all worded weirdly and just made me realise how much i forgot over the past two months

chemistry: again, it was good kinda like gcse past paper vibes

maths i: im still trying to process come back to me later

psychology: was actually really fun! we had to research two studies of choice and do some evaluations but its basically english but more bs (which im great at lmao) and a little sprinkling of stats

maths ii: ok so first page of a TWENTY PAGE doc said 'so basically you don't have to do any of this, but there's a test first lesson and if you don't get at least 60% you may wanna reconsider taking maths'.....and cue the circus music! well after realising half the doc was an answer sheet and listing all the topics, i broke it down and am doing a bit each day which is working out pretty well (surprisingly...)

so last friday my friends and i decided to go thrifting and after much deliberation and timing it so we somehow were all free on the same day, it was super fun! and i just love walking around london so so much just wah i love my city i don't think i'd ever want to live anywhere else!

so now..happy september i guess!
alot of my friends are really..how do i put this..well not as enthusiastic in wanting to go back to school, but idk why im really excited? i guess just having structure back in my life and having something to do just makes it a lil more worthwhile..? how do you guys feel about going back to school?

anyways so its like a day left eeeek we get our timetables and new forms and form tutors which is kinda sad bc my last form tutor was the bessssttttttest omg i just hope mine this year is good and that i have some friends in my form. in lower school forms were just assigned in houses but from y12 up they're all mixed ew.

i also need to set myself some goals this year..i still haven't come up with a set list though hm maybe i should go and do that now...

ok im back with my goals!

stop procrastinating! get stuff done ASAP

eat healthier but refrain from starving yourself

exercise every day, even if it's just 10 crunches or something

become a senior prefect (kinda like a head girl position)

become med soc president

stay on top of work, review each topic after school and regularly after that

budget and build a credit score

be more social, regulate screen time

make at least one external friend per class...oof. well ya know...expanding my network n that

read a book a week and make a TSR post on it

add more pictures to this gyg..its a lil bland rn

wow ok haha mayhaps i went overboard....

anyway here's something i haven't done in a while

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*playlist.mez*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Spoiler

alrighty that's enough blabbing from me, now

qotd! (question of the day)
what's your go to study snack?

aotd: literally anything, although personally i don't like eating while studying so idk...i'll just drink water i guess (woW mez you are sO interesting)

mkay that's all from me!
ermmm well stay tuned to see if i survive this week lol ahhahahahah
next post will be on monday, unless i lose self control and post straight after school tomorrow- nopE! im sticking to a routine.
mez mondays WILL be a thing...hopefully

ah! also also, i signed up to this tailored tutors 'starting y12' thing after repeatedly getting ads on ig. i've had an account for ages but i took part in a live class thing and found it pretty useful so would defo recommend to any y12s or 13s! it's completely free to sign up and they have lots of starter pack type thingies

oh and here's the tags! also someone drop some suggestions on what to call you guys :heart:

Spoiler

(feel free to comment if you wanna be tagged/removed!)
obviously if you've got more important things to do then please prioritise wisely
i really should take my own advice....

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* stay happy and healthy!!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

--mez xx

Hmm yes don't starve yourself! Adios is a BOP ... though I feel like their debut was better - so they just had real good expectations to live up to. And also remind me to remind you never to pun ever again :/
ill sign up for tailored tutors brb :getmecoat:
Woah, you been busy!
Don't starve yourself! #brainsneedfood :colonhash:
Good luck, I start tomorrow. :ahhhhh:
Reply 72
eee good luck!! :biggrin: well done on your results they're so good !!:0 tag me pwease :heart:
Reply 73
Your summer sounds so cool! oh and I always eat blueberries if I can while I'm studying.
Hi
AOTD: anything from lidl bakery x
Wow, your holiday sounds great! So are you doing 4 A-levels? And your 6th form has a med soc, what do you guys do if I may ask?

aotd: I don't eat whilst studying haha
thank you!! haha I’ll try and be as productive as I can 😶 and yep i watch kdramas!
Original post by entertainmyfaith
not looking forward to going back to school that much tbh :lol:
hm i don't really eat whilst im studying as i just get distracted by the food:rofl:
reading a book a week is v ambitious, good luck!!

ah yep I get distracted soooo easily it’s actually a problem...and lmao I’m already behind on reading🤡
Original post by laurawatt
:rave: you've had a busy summer!
I think i ended up signing up for that tailored tutors thing too :laugh:

what do you think of it?

Quick Reply

Latest