The Student Room Group

Shaving pubes

I shaved my pubes and now it’s quite prickly and itchy is that normal and how do I stop it next time

Scroll to see replies

Trim it next time, don't shave it
Next time don't shave and just trim it using a trimmer.
Reply 3
use after shave and moisturiser afterwards, your probably gonna get a rash now
Trim it as others have said, moisturiser can help. I think I do a size 6 when I trim them
Don’t shave. Trim. The last thing you want is an ingrown pubic hair
I find no need to be completely smooth, so shave in the direction the hair goes. Or, I will use my electric razor, which doesn't cut close enough to make it itch. That's my preferable option.
Trim it next time, then when it's short shave downwards not up.
Original post by Anonymous
Trim it next time, don't shave it

What do you mean by trim, like just with scissors but then it’s still quite thick
Trim it next time, then when it's short shave downwards not up.

Thanks I will try that
Don’t shave. Trim. The last thing you want is an ingrown pubic hair

How does an ingrown pube happen
Use electric trimmer, no scissors please, you can injure yourself with that :redface:
Original post by mrpoopoo
use after shave and moisturiser afterwards, your probably gonna get a rash now

I did use moisturiser but I didn’t use after shave will that effect it a lot?
Original post by Anonymous 11
Thanks I will try that

And use plenty of foam or shaving gel
What do you mean by trim, like just with scissors but then it’s still quite thick

When you completely extract the hair from it's roots, it could grow back in other direction

Yes with scissors, when you shave it, it gets very itchy
How does an ingrown pube happen

When you shave the shortened hair can grow back into your skin. Make sure you exfoliate that area lightly.
Did you use sensitive shaving gel and moisturise it after? Do that and then the next time you shower (the next day hopefully) put in some baby powder, after that you’re all good
When you shave the shortened hair can grow back into your skin. Make sure you exfoliate that area lightly.

How do I do that?
I suggest shaving in the shower and using a shaving cream on it before hand. Trim first. One tip is to shave in the direction the hairs are going. So if your hairs are growing downward shave down ward, this is to reduce ingrown hairs, and red skin.

Quick Reply

Latest