The Student Room Group

environmental management

hey, I need help in choosing between environmental management and geography
please if any of you is doing this subject ( or has already done it) tell me your opinion and if you have already done it , was it easy to get an A*/A ? i have already finished AS but I need to do more IGCSE subjects so that I can get into the university I want
thank you :smile:
I took environmental management, really interesting.
Reply 2
Original post by Silver_Rose
I took environmental management, really interesting.

okay thank you sm but do you think it is easy to get an A/A* in environmental management ?
Original post by d.mmxx
okay thank you sm but do you think it is easy to get an A/A* in environmental management ?

If you study for it well just as you would any other subject, you’ll do well, it’s not a particularly hard subject.
Reply 4
Original post by Silver_Rose
If you study for it well just as you would any other subject, you’ll do well, it’s not a particularly hard subject.

alright thanks a lottt
Reply 5
Old topic, but I would recommend Environmental Management. It has topics that are from both Biology and Geography, so it makes things very interesting and in my experience it's much easier than Geography too. And it's relatively easy to achieve a high grade in the exams as well, granted you do plenty of past paper practice.
Reply 6
Original post by Vib_A
Old topic, but I would recommend Environmental Management. It has topics that are from both Biology and Geography, so it makes things very interesting and in my experience it's much easier than Geography too. And it's relatively easy to achieve a high grade in the exams as well, granted you do plenty of past paper practice.

Thank you Sooo much , I did choose environmental management over geography and I am happy with it so far.
Original post by d.mmxx
hey, I need help in choosing between environmental management and geography
please if any of you is doing this subject ( or has already done it) tell me your opinion and if you have already done it , was it easy to get an A*/A ? i have already finished AS but I need to do more IGCSE subjects so that I can get into the university I want
thank you :smile:

Currently doing environmental management, loving it, would definitely recommend :smile:
I'm currently doing CIE iGCSE Environmental management! It's hard for me as I'm the WORST at science-related subjects, but wanted to have some knowledge so that's why I'm taking it and felt it was useful real-world knowledge (I'd say it definitely is! It helps you understand a lot of everyday things bette). The questions are less essay based and some do require maths skills (as does all subjects to a degree, minus humanities). It's definitely interesting, requires you to research a lot independently as the book can ask you questions for stuff it didn't teach you! So be ready for a lot of research. It's a valuable subject as you learn about things like fossil fuels, how they're created, combusted, and effects on the environment, on society, on the economy, so on. It's a bit of everything, so chemistry and physics and I'd dare say geography too - saying this as a lot of my research has led me on to BBC bitesize chemistry, or geography forums or so on.

Can't offer any guidance on geography as I haven't done it!

I'd recommend Environmental Management! I personally find it one of the hardest subjects I've ever studied at gcse level (alongside maths IGCSE god glad that's over) but that's because I'm a humanities girl. If you enjoy all sorts of science and learning about natural disasters and find a lot of interest in looking into how we could be more sustainable and more environmentally-conscious, this is definitely a great subject for you!
Reply 9
Original post by MathsGirl23
Currently doing environmental management, loving it, would definitely recommend :smile:

yesss , okayyy thanks a lottt ❤️
Reply 10
Original post by strawberryleaves
I'm currently doing CIE iGCSE Environmental management! It's hard for me as I'm the WORST at science-related subjects, but wanted to have some knowledge so that's why I'm taking it and felt it was useful real-world knowledge (I'd say it definitely is! It helps you understand a lot of everyday things bette). The questions are less essay based and some do require maths skills (as does all subjects to a degree, minus humanities). It's definitely interesting, requires you to research a lot independently as the book can ask you questions for stuff it didn't teach you! So be ready for a lot of research. It's a valuable subject as you learn about things like fossil fuels, how they're created, combusted, and effects on the environment, on society, on the economy, so on. It's a bit of everything, so chemistry and physics and I'd dare say geography too - saying this as a lot of my research has led me on to BBC bitesize chemistry, or geography forums or so on.

I'd recommend Environmental Management! I personally find it one of the hardest subjects I've ever studied at gcse level (alongside maths IGCSE god glad that's over) but that's because I'm a humanities girl. If you enjoy all sorts of science and learning about natural disasters and find a lot of interest in looking into how we could be more sustainable and more environmentally-conscious, this is definitely a great subject for you!

omg that was so so helpful you literally made me feel 10x better about the subject , thanks a lottt for explaining all the things I needed to know about the subject. thank youuu so much❤️
Original post by strawberryleaves

What grade would be achievable within 20 hours of study, provided I'd already done Maths, Biology, Geography, Chemistry and Sociology?
Original post by d.mmxx
omg that was so so helpful you literally made me feel 10x better about the subject , thanks a lottt for explaining all the things I needed to know about the subject. thank youuu so much❤️

Gosh you're welcome!! This response made me really happy :biggrin: Glad to help!
Original post by Digitidal
What grade would be achievable within 20 hours of study, provided I'd already done Maths, Biology, Geography, Chemistry and Sociology?

Ooh I'm not sure... I'd say definitely a pass, as the subject is a huge mix of everything. Perhaps do a recent past paper? I imagine you'd do super well with all of that knowledge already!

Quick Reply

Latest