The Student Room Group

Questions about Master's loan

Hi! I want to ask a few questions about the Master's loan for EU students, and I greatly appreciate any response to them!

1) Do I understand correctly that if I am an EU national and have lived for the past 3+ years in the EU I am eligible for the postgrad loan?

2) I have applied through the website and am sending my ID card tomorrow, however I will be moving to the UK in September weeks and only then can I apply for a bank account (an a NIN). University of Cambridge requested that I pay for my tuition before 1st of October and I am wondering if there is any way that the loan process can happen in that time frame? or is it impossible?

3) At which point during the entire document sending process (and adding my banking details) will I know that the loan was granted to me? I don't mean the moment I get the money, but the moment I get confirmation that I have been granted the loan.

Thank you in advance!
Original post by pamparampam
Hi! I want to ask a few questions about the Master's loan for EU students, and I greatly appreciate any response to them!

1) Do I understand correctly that if I am an EU national and have lived for the past 3+ years in the EU I am eligible for the postgrad loan?

2) I have applied through the website and am sending my ID card tomorrow, however I will be moving to the UK in September weeks and only then can I apply for a bank account (an a NIN). University of Cambridge requested that I pay for my tuition before 1st of October and I am wondering if there is any way that the loan process can happen in that time frame? or is it impossible?

3) At which point during the entire document sending process (and adding my banking details) will I know that the loan was granted to me? I don't mean the moment I get the money, but the moment I get confirmation that I have been granted the loan.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

If you are an EU National who have 3 years address history in the UK then you will be classed as a UK domiciled student. EU Nationals who have spent all or part of the 3 years in the EEA or Switzerland will be classed as an EU domiciled student. Therefore you are eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Masters Loan, you can apply here www.gov.uk/masters-loan/apply.

In terms of NINO you are not required to provide this if you are an EU National, please ignore this request as EU students don't need to hold a National Insurance Number (NINO) to receive the Postgraduate Loan. These students will still be eligible to receive payment of their PGM as long as they have valid UK bank details on their account.

Once your application has been fully approved you will receive a Notification of Entitlement letter detailing the amount of funding you have been awarded.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
Thank you! I'm wondering what's the average current time it takes you to register evidence? I'm guessing my ID card was delivered to you around the beginning of this week, will I get an email or an update on the webpage when it gets processed? When should I get worried that it was maybe lost?
Original post by pamparampam
Thank you! I'm wondering what's the average current time it takes you to register evidence? I'm guessing my ID card was delivered to you around the beginning of this week, will I get an email or an update on the webpage when it gets processed? When should I get worried that it was maybe lost?

Hello,

We're currently taking 6 working days from the date received to process ID documents.

After this, we'll send it back fully tracked and insured to your home address listed on your application and you'll receive notification.

Please check your online account and emails for any updates - http://ow.ly/sh2830oBbfT

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending