The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Langsett
I’ve emailed re specific questions on selection no answer as yet
Also I haven’t got any information or confirmation re the virtual open day - that i have signed up for

Can you let me know what they say about the selection process? I’ve asked them about the ps and they said they’d read all of them, but didn’t mention if it would be directly involved in the selection for interviews.
I understand that K&M is a new medical school, however I was unable to attend the open day and I am unsure if I will be able to attend the virtual open day. Is there an option for an elective within our medical school years, also giving us the ability to travel abroad. Also are clinical placements in the hospial and community starting in 1st year or starting later within the course.
Hi you said on your website that if we have any extenuating circumstances, there’s a form we have to submit. Do you perhaps know where I could get this form from?
Reply 23
Also I haven’t got any information or confirmation re the virtual open day - that i have signed up for

I usually wait for a month to hear back from them :smile:
55,000GBP a year for 5 years? This is by far the most expensive medical school in UK for international students..For a medical school with no GMC accreditation, I'll advise all international students to simply back off! Even if you can afford it, it's not worth it for a first time medical school with no proven track record. Even prestigious London medical schools don't cost as much. Lets look elsewhere guys
My fellow international students I STRONGLY ADVICE YOU TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS MEDICAL SCHOOL! they obviously didn't have us in mind when setting up the fee structure! £55,000 + 3% annual inflation (it is actually 2% everywhere except this school), for five years!! That's almost £300,000 and at this outrageous price, it is by far THE MOST EXPENSIVE MEDICAL SCHOOL IN THE UK and for what? A new school with no proven track record, fact sheet, no GMC accreditation, no Published statistics and data, no prestige and definitely no history?! Ur money is better spent somewhere else in UK for the same level of medical education IF NOT BETTER! The choices are unlimited with far reasonable tution! Even the prestigious med schools in London like Bart's Imperial Queen Mary kings don't even cost as much! This school is an absolute rip off! I think it's their way of warding off international students so don't bother applying

Hi there!
Sorry that the admissions team have taken a while to get back to you! Have you heard back yet?
Original post by Ellouisek19
I understand that K&M is a new medical school, however I was unable to attend the open day and I am unsure if I will be able to attend the virtual open day. Is there an option for an elective within our medical school years, also giving us the ability to travel abroad. Also are clinical placements in the hospial and community starting in 1st year or starting later within the course.

Hi there!
Sorry to hear you aren't able to attend the virtual open day. It is likely that there will be another open day or virtual open day before the end of this year, which hopefully you can attend! Keep checking their open day information on the website for any new open day information :smile: In regards to your other questions, if you contact the Medical school via their applicant enquiry contact form then someone from the admissions team should be able to answer your questions :smile: I'll leave the link here.
I hope that this helps!
Original post by student0299
Hi you said on your website that if we have any extenuating circumstances, there’s a form we have to submit. Do you perhaps know where I could get this form from?

Hi there!
I've just checked the website too and couldn't find a form, the link where the form is supposed to be appears to be broken unfortunately. If you contact the medical school directly via their Applicant Enquiry form then someone from the admissions team should be able to send you a link to or copy of the form you need to fill out :smile: Here is the link to their contact form. I hope that this helps and you get the form sorted out! :smile:
People who r interested in applying- what’s ur gcses and ucat?
Original post by Chickenhead11
People who r interested in applying- what’s ur gcses and ucat?

UCAT 2580
My GCSEs are very good but they are ranking on UCAT alone
What are your sats
Just listened to virtual open event I was impressed just not sure if my score will be competitive
UCAT 2580
My GCSEs are very good but they are ranking on UCAT alone
What are your sats
Just listened to virtual open event I was impressed just not sure if my score will be competitive

I watched that too! Although I was still quite confused on how they choose for interview, as surely ranking ucat alone doesn’t help contextual candidates?? My ucat score is 730.
Edit: I’m not a contextual candidate but still curious as so what they will do
(edited 4 years ago)
I watched that too! Although I was still quite confused on how they choose for interview, as surely ranking ucat alone doesn’t help contextual candidates?? My ucat score is 730.

Fantastic score where else are you thinking of applying
Are alevel resit students accepted onto the course?
Original post by AlevelReject68
Are alevel resit students accepted onto the course?

Hi there!
Unfortunately, the KMMS website says that they will not accept students onto the course who have re-sat any A-levels unless there are extenuating circumstances. If you have had extenuating circumstances, then I'd recommend getting in touch with KMMS Admissions as soon as you can so you know what evidence you will need to provide with your application. Here is their contact page.
I hope this helps :smile:
Fantastic score where else are you thinking of applying

Thank you!! I’m thinking of applying to Manchester, Leicester and Birmingham too.
What about u?
Thank you!! I’m thinking of applying to Manchester, Leicester and Birmingham too.
What about u?

Liverpool , Leicester , Lancaster Leeds and Kent Medway so got to narrow it down to 4

Hi all,
I'm also interested in trying to find out more about Kent and Medway's selection process for inviting applicants to interview, such as whether they are ranking by UCAT score alone... I tried emailing the admissions department directly, and the answers I got were vague at best. I did a little research on my own and came across some info on what appears to be a PowerPoint presentation given by the dean of the medical school:

"Applications Process
Applications will be shortlisted for interviews based on GCSE
grades and qualifications being taken
Then ranked using their UCAT score taking top 500
Approx. 500 applicants will be invited to the Multiple Mini Interview
(MMI) process
Approx. 300 applicants will be made an offer based on their MMI
score
There will likely be a waiting list for the MMI dates, and for those
to whom we could not make an offer post-interview
Applicants will require a DBS check and an occupational health
check these will be conditions of offer"

Here is the link where I found this (page 11). I'm not sure when this talk was given, so it's possible that this information is outdated. Is there anyone from the school (@StudentRep Annabel?) that can comment on whether this information is accurate? Thanks in advance for your help!
Original post by here_and_now
Hi all,
I'm also interested in trying to find out more about Kent and Medway's selection process for inviting applicants to interview, such as whether they are ranking by UCAT score alone... I tried emailing the admissions department directly, and the answers I got were vague at best. I did a little research on my own and came across some info on what appears to be a PowerPoint presentation given by the dean of the medical school:

"Applications Process
Applications will be shortlisted for interviews based on GCSE
grades and qualifications being taken
Then ranked using their UCAT score taking top 500
Approx. 500 applicants will be invited to the Multiple Mini Interview
(MMI) process
Approx. 300 applicants will be made an offer based on their MMI
score
There will likely be a waiting list for the MMI dates, and for those
to whom we could not make an offer post-interview
Applicants will require a DBS check and an occupational health
check these will be conditions of offer"

Here is the link where I found this (page 11). I'm not sure when this talk was given, so it's possible that this information is outdated. Is there anyone from the school (@StudentRep Annabel?) that can comment on whether this information is accurate? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ive seen those slides too! But idk if I trust its info as on the virtual open day they said they would be inviting 200-300 people for interview.
Ive seen those slides too! But idk if I trust its info as on the virtual open day they said they would be inviting 200-300 people for interview.

Ah, ok! Wow, 200-300 invites is a lot different than 500! I wasn't able to attend the Open Day so I don't know what I missed there. Thank you for the info.

Latest

Trending

Trending