The Student Room Group

Where do you get books?

Bookstores generally. Most of mine come from Waterstones or Foyles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BookB
Just a general question, where do you and most of your friends currently get books?

I don't know where my friends do, have not so many of them who are fond of reading anyway.

I buy them in the book shops, on flea markets (the most) or in the internet.
don't usually buy books. usually get them from the library.
Original post by Obolinda

Are you using them for your studies or really for your interests in reading? most people who said "get them from the library" are talking about university libraries as an addition to their studies in fact. That is my experience I made.
Original post by Kallisto
Are you using them for your studies or really for your interests in reading? most people who said "get them from the library" are talking about university libraries as an addition to their studies in fact. That is my experience I made.

causal reading. It's too much money for me to continually go to the bookshop for new books. I'm not in uni so I don't need any books for my studies anyway.
Library, WHSmith (only actual bookshop in my town :blah:), Book Depository, and Amazon for kindle books :smile: also use YouTube for listening to random audiobooks
Reply 6
abebooks
charity shops or amazon
Original post by Obolinda

This is such a great approach to books - libraries are full of treasures that cost nothing, on top of being community hubs!
Amazon because I can get them the next day.
Academic books I bought off Amazon, however I quickly came to realise that you can definitely do without most of them.

Fiction books I pick up from charity shops unless I'm desperate to read something that's new, in which case I grab it off Amazon rather than wait for months for it to start appearing in charity shops. My closest charity shop does 6 books for £1 including hard backs, it's crazy, but amazing!
bookfinder.com is my go-to site.
Original post by couscous-comrade
This is such a great approach to books - libraries are full of treasures that cost nothing, on top of being community hubs!

agree!
Original post by Glaz
Bookstores generally. Most of mine come from Waterstones or Foyles

I get the majority of my books online at world of books. The books are really cheap and they have a wide range to the point where there is way too much choice. They do run out of stock sometimes though.
All different places really! Including Amazon, Waterstones and some local charity shops.

I read a lot of comics and graphic novels and there's a great comic book store near me.

I also take books out of the library if they're ones I'm unsure on. :smile:
Waterstones mostly, if not I'll manage to dig the book out somewhere on the internet.
Original post by Dunya
Waterstones mostly, if not I'll manage to dig the book out somewhere on the internet.

I'm report you for piracy
Original post by Amon-ster
I'm report you for piracy

Okay, what's my real name? You'll need that to report me :biggrin:
Original post by Dunya
Okay, what's my real name? You'll need that to report me :biggrin:

First name Dunya or Duniya

Surname since you're bengali, good chance it's miah or begum or rahman

So am I right or am I right :colone:
Original post by Amon-ster
First name Dunya or Duniya

Surname since you're bengali, good chance it's miah or begum or rahman

So am I right or am I right :colone:

First name isn't Dunya, Duniya or Duniyaa.

Miah is a guys name, Thank the lord I'm not a Begum or a Rahman either.

So are you wrong or are you wrong? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending