The Student Room Group

Item not as described

I bought an item from depop, seller said in the description that the item (top) has been worn a few times. However when I received the item today, looks like the item has been worn more that a few times. The writing on the top is cracking and in some areas there is discolouration. 2467C225-FB8E-4419-B285-FAB4B57F9EC2.jpg.jpeg 2001FBF6-1DB6-48D3-A04D-B4A0B0D33DC3.jpg.jpeg E4794393-AD76-47C3-8C79-01521A9D7FD4.jpg.jpeg3C433A53-913A-44B1-8CFA-83AB7ABD4E72.jpg.jpeg

What should I do about this? The item looks like it’s been worn to nearly is maximum.
Original post by Leahmitch
I bought an item from depop, seller said in the description that the item (top) has been worn a few times. However when I received the item today, looks like the item has been worn more that a few times. The writing on the top is cracking and in some areas there is discolouration. 2467C225-FB8E-4419-B285-FAB4B57F9EC2.jpg.jpeg 2001FBF6-1DB6-48D3-A04D-B4A0B0D33DC3.jpg.jpeg E4794393-AD76-47C3-8C79-01521A9D7FD4.jpg.jpeg3C433A53-913A-44B1-8CFA-83AB7ABD4E72.jpg.jpeg

What should I do about this? The item looks like it’s been worn to nearly is maximum.

Hi, I don’t use depop so am not aware of their policies. However, as with most selling sites I would suggest contacting the seller first, and if the response isn’t satisfactory then contact depop. Send them the pictures you took, pictures of the advert, and pictures of correspondence between you and the seller. This way they are in the best position to help.
I had an issue with depop, I bought an item and the seller hadn’t sent it out even after 3 weeks. They’re supposed to ship it within 7 days of purchase, as stated by depop policy. However I contacted depop as the seller wasn’t responding and they said it they couldn’t do anything, they don’t deal with sellers. It would be pointless contacting depop themselves. But you can through PayPal, if you go on a laptop/desktop (not through your mobile or the app), you can report the transaction as product not as describe and they’ll start a claim for you and you can get your money back through that.
Reply 3
Original post by Amberrito
Hi, I don’t use depop so am not aware of their policies. However, as with most selling sites I would suggest contacting the seller first, and if the response isn’t satisfactory then contact depop. Send them the pictures you took, pictures of the advert, and pictures of correspondence between you and the seller. This way they are in the best position to help.

559ACE83-4735-4EEF-8808-902D93D7C610.jpg.jpeg this is one of the pictures of the advert. If you zoom in you can see a bit of the cracking however on Depop it doesn’t actually allow you to zoom in which is why I only noticed when the item had arrived to me. But I’ll message the seller and tell her that the cracking of the letter wasn’t mentioned in the description
Reply 4
Original post by Paypurr
I had an issue with depop, I bought an item and the seller hadn’t sent it out even after 3 weeks. They’re supposed to ship it within 7 days of purchase, as stated by depop policy. However I contacted depop as the seller wasn’t responding and they said it they couldn’t do anything, they don’t deal with sellers. It would be pointless contacting depop themselves. But you can through PayPal, if you go on a laptop/desktop (not through your mobile or the app), you can report the transaction as product not as describe and they’ll start a claim for you and you can get your money back through that.

3 weeks?? That’s ridiculous. Unfortunately I’ve had a few items with items from depop, so I’m not sure PayPal would back me up in this case
Original post by Leahmitch
3 weeks?? That’s ridiculous. Unfortunately I’ve had a few items with items from depop, so I’m not sure PayPal would back me up in this case

It’s nearly £20, that’s a lot for something you’re not happy with. You should start the case and see what happens. Nothing is going to go against you for it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Paypurr
It’s nearly £20, that’s a lot for something you’re not happy with. You should start the case and see what happens. Nothing is going to go against you for it :smile:

It was originally £28 but she agreed to lower the price as she was taking offers. Obviously with second hand items you can’t expect the best but this item will not last more then 3 without discolouring majorly in the wash. I’ll just message her first and ask whether she’d accept me to return it. Thank you for the response

Quick Reply

Latest