The Student Room Group

College and uni courses

Hello I am a student doing a-level psychology and BTEC applied science and I don’t know what I can do in university with these. I don’t know a lot about the course as I changed my choices right before enrolling in college. Therefore I want to know what Courses I can do with these in university.
Original post by Jumana242003
Hello I am a student doing a-level psychology and BTEC applied science and I don’t know what I can do in university with these. I don’t know a lot about the course as I changed my choices right before enrolling in college. Therefore I want to know what Courses I can do with these in university.

Hi, your best bet would be to look at university websites or to phone universities direct and ask about courses available to you. A course with a foundation year would be an option as they teach the necessary skills to advance into the degree without having taken specific subjects at a-level. You would also need to contact universities about these courses as they don’t usually provide criteria and work on a case-by-case basis.

The most important thing to think about is what you enjoy doing. There is no point taking a degree/course in a subject that you don’t enjoy, as you won’t be as motivated as you need to be.
If you are doing the equivalent of 3 A levels many Unis will accept you, but you need to make sure you meet any specific subject requirements for the course you are interested in applying for. Some Unis will only accept BTEC Extended Diploma, and some will only accept BTECs with an additional A level, especially for any STEM subjects. Each Uni will be different so you need to check this carefully - don't just assume it'll be okay.
Original post by Amberrito
Hi, your best bet would be to look at university websites or to phone universities direct and ask about courses available to you. A course with a foundation year would be an option as they teach the necessary skills to advance into the degree without having taken specific subjects at a-level. You would also need to contact universities about these courses as they don’t usually provide criteria and work on a case-by-case basis.

The most important thing to think about is what you enjoy doing. There is no point taking a degree/course in a subject that you don’t enjoy, as you won’t be as motivated as you need to be.

Thank you
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are doing the equivalent of 3 A levels many Unis will accept you, but you need to make sure you meet any specific subject requirements for the course you are interested in applying for. Some Unis will only accept BTEC Extended Diploma, and some will only accept BTECs with an additional A level, especially for any STEM subjects. Each Uni will be different so you need to check this carefully - don't just assume it'll be okay.

Thank you for the information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending