The Student Room Group

Far-right politician calls for climate activist to be beaten up

Reply 1
What an *******.
Reply 2
I don't agree in beating her up but Greta is really annoying, she preaches about taking care of the environment etc..when she comes from a wealthy family that output more CO2 than the people she is protesting against. Her family has the funds to become environmentally friendly, unlike your average Joe who needs fossil fuels for income
And yet many people (including public figures) endorse and support the far-left Antifa group in the US when they assault people for having different opinions. Funny how only "far-right" people get called out, when they haven't even acted on their words.
Shes annoying but there is absolute no need for violence
Original post by AngeryPenguin

This is foolish. However, I don't think Greta’s family should have allowed her to be exposed like she has been. She is underage and could have been protected more.
It is completely wrong for a politician to encourage violence, especially against a 15 year old girl. I think it is a foolish mistake for any politician and makes them see immature.

However I don't see how Maxime Bernier is 'far-right'. His politics is a blend of libertarianism and some mild populism. Not all right wing politicians are 'far-right'.
She’s annoying yeah, but she’s 15 years old and that’s wrong on so many levels.
Original post by username4938268
And yet many people (including public figures) endorse and support the far-left Antifa group in the US when they assault people for having different opinions. Funny how only "far-right" people get called out, when they haven't even acted on their words.

Depends. The Antifa movement has transformed from a legitimate anti-fascist activist group to a organisation of violent middle class thugs who think it is edgy to fly the flag of the USSR.
Original post by The RAR
I don't agree in beating her up but Greta is really annoying, she preaches about taking care of the environment etc..when she comes from a wealthy family that output more CO2 than the people she is protesting against. Her family has the funds to become environmentally friendly, unlike your average Joe who needs fossil fuels for income

There are many ways you can reduce your environmental impact and save money at the same time.

I understand personal responsibility is a deeply un-British trait (just look at our obesity rate), but you really don't need to be wealthy to lessen your impact on the environment.
I don’t care how annoying she is, promoting violence shouldn’t be something on a politicians agenda. But what do I know, they’re all shady ****s
I wouldn't describe the PPC as far-right. They seem to suffer from the same issue as the Brexit Party in that they know what they're against (the EU/NDP) but not what they're for and are a new party, all of which are targets for far-right infilitrators. Agreed that Barnier should have chosen his words more carefully, though.
Reply 12
How did I know that the OP would be you...
Original post by The Mogg
How did I know that the OP would be you...

My £5 was on Napp when I saw the title.
Reply 14
Original post by LiberOfLondon
My £5 was on Napp when I saw the title.

Well you sir just lost £5, I only accept Paypal, I expect my winnings within 24 hours.
Original post by _Wellies_
There are many ways you can reduce your environmental impact and save money at the same time.

I understand personal responsibility is a deeply un-British trait (just look at our obesity rate), but you really don't need to be wealthy to lessen your impact on the environment.

What is Unbritish is a hypocrite teaching others about the environment and stopping climate change when she herself also contributes to climate change in many ways
Maxime Bernier is not "far-right". Stop throwing that word around so casually. Watch his thing with Dave Rubin if you don't know anything about his ideas.

The title's also quite dishonest. I don't think he was promoting physical violence, considering that he preceded it by saying she should be denounced. He probably meant "attacked" in a rhetorical sense (i.e. attack what she promotes, meaning denounce it and scrutinise it), though it is a bit worrying that this is being said about a child.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by HarvestingSeason
I don't think he was promoting physical violence, considering that he preceded it by saying she should be denounced. He probably meant "attacked" in a rhetorical sense (i.e. attack what she promotes, meaning denounce it and scrutinise it)

There is no reason to suppose that is indeed what he meant. The violent nature of the word "attack" is evident, and it could be a call to arms for his extremist following. Had he meant for no violence to occur, he would have phrased it more carefully.
Original post by AngeryPenguin

I dont think he meant physically, also if were going to talk about poltical violence I dont think its the right we have to focus on right now. The left is far worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending